• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

I am excited.  Just the feeling seems different this year and I am looking forward to watching the team play.  I do not think we will win every game but I do think the moxi will be back.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

I hope that Tom Allen can get the job done. I'm tired of having a new D coordinator every year. At least he seems to bring some excitement to the D in practice. bresnahan just seemed bored at times, but maybe that's from him coaching for 100 years. O coordinator expectations? Some 1st downs would be exciting.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I hope that Tom Allen can get the job done. I'm tired of having a new D coordinator every year. At least he seems to bring some excitement to the D in practice. bresnahan just seemed bored at times, but maybe that's from him coaching for 100 years. O coordinator expectations? Some 1st downs would be exciting.

CWT actually said, to paraphrase, the new coaches are energy givers and not bored...so thats great news!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

Football is a hitting game. If they come out and actually hit the opposition in the mouth, EVERY PLAY, for 60 minutes, I'll be satisfied.

Based on the last few years I have no expectations.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Right now I have no feeling of excitement about the team or the season.

I think (or at least hope) that I can get excited about a team that plays an exciting brand of competent football.

At this point, even we don't end up with a winning record, I can get excited about team that makes it fun to watch and shows that it is only a couple of players away.

What has disappointed me the last few years has been going into almost every game seeing a team that will bore you to death in a victory or is pretty much out of the game midway through the 3rd quarter. The most exciting games in the last few years has been the first game last year because of Mack and the Tulsa game. Other than that every other game under Taggart has been boring and not much better the last couple of years for Holtz.

I feel about Football the way I did about Basketball after Mccullum.

Let's get some fun back in the program.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Excitement...

I don't know about the younger crowd, but as an older Bull, having USF football is living a dream. I had to go to Tallahassee to watch football my freshman year (1989). We were all dreaming of USF football back in the day.

So, yeah, I will always be excited to have USF football.

And then to know that CWT has given up that red-coat offense is exciting enough. I want to see what the new offense looks like when the season starts. And I want to see what the coaches and players have done since the ucf game.

If the players are out there busting their tail for our team and school, the least I can do is cheer them on 100%.

I'm 100% committed! ---GO BULLS!!!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

As I told the wife last night, throughout the offseason I've almost felt ... indifferent may be too strong a word for it, but along those lines. I've been trying not to let myself get too excited after the way the last two seasons have gone. But with each passing day, and the more I read about practice so far, I feel the excitement coming back. I just can't help myself I suppose :04-rock:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If we were running same system as the last few years I would not be excited about this season.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

To paraphrase what that wise old sage, swamprat, once proclaimed on here ... I don't look forward to USF seasons with expectations but rather anticipation 

I agree with this as well, but I'll be honest, deep down, I do have an expectation that the offense will be a bit more entertaining since we'll be adding some mobility under center and some plays to make that happen.  Hopefully the changes work out well, we continue to improve and Taggart is back with us next year bringing in another strong recruiting class.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

To paraphrase what that wise old sage, swamprat, once proclaimed on here ... I don't look forward to USF seasons with expectations but rather anticipation 

I agree with this as well, but I'll be honest, deep down, I do have an expectation that the offense will be a bit more entertaining since we'll be adding some mobility under center and some plays to make that happen.  Hopefully the changes work out well, we continue to improve and Taggart is back with us next year bringing in another strong recruiting class.  

I guess I should amend mine to say that at one time I did have some, almost subconscious, expectations. I expected to never lose to an FCS team or a team from Florida outside the Big 3/UCF.