• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Woulard gets waiver approved...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I think Flowers will look so much better in a spread offense I like his speed/running ability.

I just hope we can find one QB during the camp or early in season and stop the freaking qb carousel 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

If Woulard gets the waiver, Flowers or Bench would start and Woulard would maybe take over toward the end of the season (3-4 games left). We might see woulard in some action early if we are either up big or down by a lot just to get some minutes in. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Simple question.  State who YOU want to start this year.  Woulard, Flowers, or Bench. 

Go.

He wont...

And I'd likely want Flowers considering he actually knows the playbook right now... given Woulard's well documented problems learning the playbook at UCLA.   

We have a playbook ?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

If Woulard gets the waiver, Flowers or Bench would start and Woulard would maybe take over toward the end of the season (3-4 games left). We might see woulard in some action early if we are either up big or down by a lot just to get some minutes in. 

I think that might be the worst case scenario out there.  That would force Flowers to become a WR or transfer.  Actually is might happen anyway if he falls behind bench.  So, never mind.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Mora Q and A from Pac12 Media Days

Q: How many times have you been asked that?

A: Every single interview yesterday at ESPN and today at Media Days. It's not always first, but typically in the top couple questions. We haven't even talked about what our quarterback rotation is going to be yet. We're going to talk about that this week with that position. Obviously not having Asiantii Woulard there makes it a little bit easier to get a rotation, but it eliminates one guy from the competition that we didn't necessarily want to have eliminated from the competition.

Q: Was that a surprise when that happened?

A: Not really. I had a feeling it was coming, with some of the indicators that I got from him, and kind of the way the spring went. There were some family issues. He wanted to get closer to home. I hope he does well.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

Awesome I hope he plays. I hope the family stuff is good...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Probably Woulard, there's always a chance with our waiver team. You bring up his inability to learn the playbook at UCLA, but I doubt our playbook is on par with theirs. If Flowers was given UCLA's playbook, maybe he'd struggle too. Woulard would've been #2 this year on the depth chart at UCLA.

I hope he is all that his recruiting rankings says he is but he would not have been #2 at UCLA. He wasn't even top 3 last year and 2 of them return plus the top QB recruit. He wasn't able to beat out a walk-on to backup Hundley and that walk-on is still there.

Not sure where you're getting that. Hundley's back up last year was Jerry Neuheisel, who also backed him up in 2013, and he wasn't a walk on ... and the walk on you must think was ahead of him ran the scout offense.

My bad the 3rd stringer was a walk-on and listed ahead of Woulard. many thought of Neuheisel as one too as his dad was the one who gave him the schollly.

I hope that Woulard is the real deal but he was a converted wide receiver in high school that won a 7 on 7 competition where he was given an invite where most of the competitors had to qualify. didn't find any senior year numbers but his ucla bio states that he had 1,334 yards passing and 14 TDs with 10 picks his junior year in high school. I'm sure he has raw talent but it has yet to be seen whether he has been able to convert that to actual QB skill. I remember when people went crazy for 4 star QB Carlton Hill. They had similar numbers in high school (actually Hill's were better).He had raw talent and was thought to be our QB savior. He was a heck of an athlete but not a very good QB in the end.

I'll be rooting for whomever they start at QB and will believe that the coaches are putting the best man out there. I certainly won't be one of those that think the back-up is always the best option and that Taggart/Holtz/Leavitt has some vendetta against him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Probably Woulard, there's always a chance with our waiver team. You bring up his inability to learn the playbook at UCLA, but I doubt our playbook is on par with theirs. If Flowers was given UCLA's playbook, maybe he'd struggle too. Woulard would've been #2 this year on the depth chart at UCLA.

I hope he is all that his recruiting rankings says he is but he would not have been #2 at UCLA. He wasn't even top 3 last year and 2 of them return plus the top QB recruit. He wasn't able to beat out a walk-on to backup Hundley and that walk-on is still there.

Not sure where you're getting that. Hundley's back up last year was Jerry Neuheisel, who also backed him up in 2013, and he wasn't a walk on ... and the walk on you must think was ahead of him ran the scout offense.

My bad the 3rd stringer was a walk-on and listed ahead of Woulard.

Again, the walk-on you're thinking of ran the scout offense, actually won their award for outstanding scout team player, Mike Fafaul  , so I doubt he was top 3 ...

And I'm definitely not saying that AW will be the savior here, just that he wasn't as lowly thought of at UCLA as you're trying to make him ...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

My bad the 3rd stringer was a walk-on and listed ahead of Woulard.

Again, the walk-on you're thinking of ran the scout offense, actually won their award for outstanding scout team player, Mike Fafaul  , so I doubt he was top 3 ...

And I'm definitely not saying that AW will be the savior here, just that he wasn't as lowly thought of at UCLA as you're trying to make him ...

not sure they have an official depth chart for 2014 but here is Rivals and it has the walk-on as #3 behind Hundley and neuheisal.

https://ucla.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp

here is an official one from 2013 where he is listed as #4 behind all those same players.

http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_bruin_football/2013/8/26/4662552/2013-ucla-football-depth-chart-v-nevada-released

here is one for this year that lists him as #4

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/ucla/92223

I hope he is amazing here. I wish nothing but the best but people saying they want him to start based on absolutely nothing makes no sense.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

What's the actuality that this happens? I mean I was pretty skeptical about Reilly Gibbons until his waiver was eventually accepted. Unless this becomes the new norm. The P5 and G5 are starting to become more and more distant(which I think is ludicrous, but that's a comment for another forum.)