• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Woulard gets waiver approved...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I never said it was our decision, nor did I contend that he should not have the right to make the decision for himself. Two years of eligibility down the drain doesn't seem like "the decision best for him at the time," but hopefully you are right and he is more mature for it.

He threw away the chance to be groomed by a QB guru who has a history of turning players into NFL gold. Poor decision by AW to spend a few years in LA under Jim Mora. CWT has forgotten more about football than Jim Mora will ever know.

Oh would you just stop...

though I can't believe you still get bites.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I admit that I don't know beans about how the NCAA or the Waiver process happens...   but it seems to me he could have been told at the onset if it wasn't going to be reviewed in time for the season to start.  They certainly should know their own schedule, or how fast the process normally takes.    Making a good kid wait around and hope for four weeks only to be disappointed is nonsense.   And unnecessary.  I'd rather it have been denied then the NCAA just being to **** lazy to get around to it...   or too discourteous to communicate.

Rant over, sorry AW, hang in there!

This was not out of his hands. Had he made the right decision originally, he would likely be the starting QB this year.

LOL, the butthurt continues.  

He did make the "right" decision.  He made the decision best for him at the time.  It was his decision to make for his future, not ours.  Frankly, it was probably food for him to get away from his helicopter dad for a while.  He seems far more mature now, a maturity he may not have had he stayed home.  There are more important things in the development of ones life than being named starting quarterback a bit earlier.

I never said it was our decision, nor did I contend that he should not have the right to make the decision for himself. Two years of eligibility down the drain doesn't seem like "the decision best for him at the time," but hopefully you are right and he is more mature for it.

He threw away the chance to be groomed by a QB guru who has a history of turning players into NFL gold. Poor decision by AW to spend a few years in LA under Jim Mora. CWT has forgotten more about football than Jim Mora will ever know.

UCLA staff was openly frustrated that AW picking things up at the rate he should be, so I think it remains to be seen whether that time benefited him on the field.

So spending two years here with two different OC's and a system we scrapped would have been more beneficial?

Hard to know if it would have played out the same way if he were here, given that some people think he is the savior-in-waiting. Even still, two years on the field would have been very valuable.

I would say just below savior. I know he's better than anything we've current got, but that's like saying Roseanne is hotter than Rosie O'Donnell.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I would say just below savior. I know he's better than anything we've current got, but that's like saying Roseanne is hotter than Rosie O'Donnell.

Is Bench or Flowers playing the role of Rosie in this metaphor?

Is Bench or Flowers playing the role of Rosie in this metaphor?

I think it has to be Flowers since he's the starter. Bench can take the title when it's his turn later in the season. Then Kean can take a swing at it.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Also, are we talking about 80s Roseanne, 90s Roseanne, or current Roseanne? These are important questions.

Also, are we talking about 80s Roseanne, 90s Roseanne, or current Roseanne? These are important questions.

Late 80s to early 90s Roseanne. The run of her show.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Just finished lunch, too, perfect timing to drive this metaphor home. Thanks for reducing my anxiety about the season.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's a legitimate observation that a lot of great local kids that consider USF get stars in their eyes and leave, only to transfer back to get more playing time.   In that regard, if you want to play more you are rolling the dice by going to the bigger-name program.   Certainly I'm sure AW had some good life experiences in cali, but it's pretty clear they get more playing time here.

Yes it's obviously their decision to make.   I'd say that for all these kids that come back it could be considered a 'mistake' to have gone...   as evidenced by the fact that they need to return.   But hindsight...  if they were starting (at UCLA or wherever...) it would have been a good risk to take.  

No hard feelings from me, I'm just glad talent comes home, better late than never.    But my point is, if you dream of the NFL, just stay at USF, we can get you there!

QF is a great kid, and I'm happy as hell we have AW for 2016.    Just get us 6 wins this year please...

Edited by zerogbull