• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Make your prediction! Bowl or no bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

Bowl? Bowl?  Are you friggin idiots serious?

Let me remind you again who the USF coach is...........Willie (Short Bus, Simple Tagg) Taggart who famously said he wanted QBs (and other players) playing Madden Football to gain the mental skills necessary for their position.  A man who lost to McNeese State, FAU, and UCF twice in a row.  A man who has had the lowest rated offenses in the AAC for both years as head coach.  He's won 6 of 24 over the past two years for christs sake!

A Shih Tzu would have a better chance of sniffing a Great Dane's ass than USF will have sniffing a bowl game.  I'll be there every home game hoping I can give away enough tickets to fill my seats and will have serious reasons to cheer halfway through the season when Willie "Can't Coach for violation" Taggart has finally been, unceremoniously, shown the exit door. I'd eat my hat if that simpleton gets us to a bowl game.

I'm saving this post! Here me now, believe me later, CWT and Co. are taking this team to a bowl!

A few years ago I made the statement that I wouldn't shave or cut my hair til we beat Buttgers on Thursday night. CJL told me that I should come to practice one day and we should let the players cut it...

I'm guessing it would be near my waist by now. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Bowl? Bowl?  Are you friggin idiots serious?

Let me remind you again who the USF coach is...........Willie (Short Bus, Simple Tagg) Taggart who famously said he wanted QBs (and other players) playing Madden Football to gain the mental skills necessary for their position.  A man who lost to McNeese State, FAU, and UCF twice in a row.  A man who has had the lowest rated offenses in the AAC for both years as head coach.  He's won 6 of 24 over the past two years for christs sake!

A Shih Tzu would have a better chance of sniffing a Great Dane's ass than USF will have sniffing a bowl game.  I'll be there every home game hoping I can give away enough tickets to fill my seats and will have serious reasons to cheer halfway through the season when Willie "Can't Coach for violation" Taggart has finally been, unceremoniously, shown the exit door. I'd eat my hat if that simpleton gets us to a bowl game.

I'm saving this post! Here me now, believe me later, CWT and Co. are taking this team to a bowl!

A few years ago I made the statement that I wouldn't shave or cut my hair til we beat Buttgers on Thursday night. CJL told me that I should come to practice one day and we should let the players cut it...

I'm guessing it would be near my waist by now. 

BUT!  He is a great recruiter......(sarcasm).  

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

I remember after that loss to UCF at the end of last year, i was chanting for CWT's job. It definitely seems like everybody without green goggles on is predicting 5 wins for this year now including me. But the difference is now, i feel like we have the right players coming in, and our team overall will be much improved, but our QB situation is terrible, and partly thanks to Taggart. So the question is, with Woulard coming in 2016, and not many players graduating and Taggart's good looking young recruits being that much more experienced, do we still fire him? I think i am going to cringe for saying no, but i will for 3 reasons. 1. I want to see how he does with a competent QB. 2. The last thing we need to do is pay another coach not on the staff. And 3. He recruits very well, so I think a new coach for 2017 would have a very capable roster at his disposal to actually put talent and winning together

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Bowl? Bowl? Are you friggin idiots serious?

Let me remind you again who the USF coach is...........Willie (Short Bus, Simple Tagg) Taggart who famously said he wanted QBs (and other players) playing Madden Football to gain the mental skills necessary for their position. A man who lost to McNeese State, FAU, and UCF twice in a row. A man who has had the lowest rated offenses in the AAC for both years as head coach. He's won 6 of 24 over the past two years for christs sake!

A Shih Tzu would have a better chance of sniffing a Great Dane's ass than USF will have sniffing a bowl game. I'll be there every home game hoping I can give away enough tickets to fill my seats and will have serious reasons to cheer halfway through the season when Willie "Can't Coach for violation" Taggart has finally been, unceremoniously, shown the exit door. I'd eat my hat if that simpleton gets us to a bowl game.

He's hardly the only coach promoting Madden.

...Today’s football players have an edge that no athletes before them have possessed: They’ve played more football than any cohort in history. Even with the rise of year-round training, full-contact practice time on the field hasn’t increased — in fact, it has actually gone down, as coaches have tried to limit the physical punishment that the game exacts. But videogames, especially the ubiquitous Madden NFL, now allow athletes of all ages to extend their training beyond their bodies.

If you’re, say, an All-American quarterback at a top college program, odds are that you’ve been training on a very sophisticated, off-the-shelf simulator — a cross between a football tutorial and a real-time documentary, drizzled with addictive Skinnerian action-reward mechanics — for as long as you can remember. The many hundreds — even thousands — of hours that athletes put into videogame football give them more game experience (and, as Stokley demonstrated, sometimes more game awareness) than Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, or Joe Montana were able to log in previous eras. And there’s the possibility, too, that all this electronic play is changing the structure of their brains, at least in some ways, for the better...

http://www.wired.com/2010/01/ff_gamechanger/

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

I hate starting over again with a 4th coach but sadly, I believe the over-under for this team is 5 wins, NO Bowl.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

Sat., Sept. 5 Florida A&M  Shocking loss 21-24. CWT fired, JL hired.

Sat., Sept. 12 at Florida State Win 40-13

Sat.,Sept. 19 at Maryland  Win 35-14

Fri., Oct. 2 Memphis Win 21-0

Sat., Oct. 10 Syracuse  Win 30-21. Ranked #23

Sat., Oct. 17 at Connecticut  Win 41-14 Ranked #19

Sat., Oct. 24 SMU Win 13-0 Ranked #17

Sat., Oct. 31 at Navy  Win 56-49 Ranked #13

Sat., Nov. 7 at East Carolina  Win 21-7 Ranked #10

Sat., Nov. 14 Temple Win 56-7 Ranked #7

Fri., Nov. 20 Cincinnati Win 42-14 Ranked #5

Fri. Nov. 27 at UCF  Win 28-0 Ranked #2

Vs. Oregon in first round of playoff Win 28-21

Vs. Alabama in finals, Win 17-14 end season Ranked #1

Yeah Bro

You forgot the late season crash to be truly authentic

I like this prediction and will role with it except, CWT keeps his job b/c Brett Kean Savior leads us into our first conference title and National Championship

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

Sat., Sept. 5 Florida A&M  Shocking loss 21-24. CWT fired, JL hired. Sat., Sept. 12 at Florida State Win 40-13Sat.,Sept. 19 at Maryland  Win 35-14Fri., Oct. 2 Memphis Win 21-0Sat., Oct. 10 Syracuse  Win 30-21. Ranked #23Sat., Oct. 17 at Connecticut  Win 41-14 Ranked #19Sat., Oct. 24 SMU Win 13-0 Ranked #17Sat., Oct. 31 at Navy  Win 56-49 Ranked #13Sat., Nov. 7 at East Carolina  Win 21-7 Ranked #10Sat., Nov. 14 Temple Win 56-7 Ranked #7Fri., Nov. 20 Cincinnati Win 42-14 Ranked #5Fri. Nov. 27 at UCF  Win 28-0 Ranked #2Vs. Oregon in first round of playoff Win 28-21Vs. Alabama in finals, Win 17-14 end season Ranked #1

Yeah Bro

You forgot the late season crash to be truly authentic

I like this prediction and will role with it except, CWT keeps his job b/c Brett Kean Savior leads us into our first conference title and National Championship

Aaaand there is the obligatory Brett Kean is Christ post! :P

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Can Kean take a snap under center? I've only seen clips of him in the shotgun.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Can Kean take a snap under center? I've only seen clips of him in the shotgun.

We've switched to the spread, so that won't be an issue

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

2. Brett Kea, Brett Kean and Brett Kean. Last year, he committed to us early so that he can focus on winning a state title. And you know what, he won the state title. That shows confidence, determination and the swag needed to play the position. I did research and even when he was backing up Mike White in Ft. Lauderdale, he was a threat to taking his job which is why Mike White probably left, b/c he knows how good Brett Kean is. Last, he runs a 4.7 and has a very quick release. Waaay better arm then both quarterbacks we have now.

I like your confidence but you know who else won a state title in high school?

Mike White.

We all know how that turned out.

Yea, but he predicted it and to be honest, he is just waaay better then Mike White. i think mike white has a stronger arm, but not as quick a throw or delivery as Kean. And even though it doesnt guarantee success, winning a state title is still a lot of work and determination, so not sure how you make it seem like it's not an accomplishment lol
Kean won one in Ohio Division 1. That's like middle school in Florida. Mike White's was 3A.
Watch the video highlights and see for yourself. I remember watching Flowers footage and knew he would suck, Kean has a way quicker release, You could insult his division all you want but just remember this post when he balls during the regular season.

If he's so good, why did he make his parents move to Ohio to avoid competition with White?

He moved to Ohio because he had to change schools it had nothing to do with football, also Sean White transfered into University School so he would not have gotten the start until his senior year

Kean moved to ohio his senior year and got that school a championship. Sean White wouldnt of started over him if he stayed his senior year.