• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Make your prediction! Bowl or no bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I am going to say it. Six wins! I have to believe that after three years of nothing it has to happen. Key games: Maryland and Cuse.

We need to win against Cuse at home. That's a must.

Another one of those good ole days memories .... back when Syracuse was our *****. Sorry, Mark

That may have been the earliest clue that Skip just maybe wasn't the one to continue our building. In an otherwise good year in 2010, we had our first EVER loss to the Orange ...

Yes I remember that loss

was the earliest sign of things to come.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

If the QB and reciever play improves, I say we go bowling. There are really to many question marks with all the change on the team but if you can't get excited about the potential...I don't know what to tell ya ;-)

GO BULLS!!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

If the QB and reciever play improves, I say we go bowling. There are really to many question marks with all the change on the team but if you can't get excited about the potential...I don't know what to tell ya ;-)

GO BULLS!!

There is a ton of potential on the team.  Perhaps as much as we've ever had in terms of individual talent.  They just have to play as a team.  Just go out out and play fast and hard but with discipline.  I feel the key to this season will rest in Flowers ability to move the offense.  If he can move the offense, everything changes.  I also don't think we will know pretty early on in camp.  If he has improved even more from spring ball, I'll feel better about our chances.  I normally don't put any weight into games like FAMU, but given the past 4 years I'm going to base a lot of what I think Flowers can do based on that game.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I'm optimistic we'll beat FAMU.

That is all.

Anything beyond that is a toss up until I see this new offense in action.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That is all.

After we crush a terrible terrible FAMU team the talk of beating FSU will be hysterical.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

That is all.

After we crush a terrible terrible FAMU team the talk of beating FSU will be hysterical.

The best is everybody talking about FSU like they are garbage because Jameis is gone and Dalvin Cook punching a woman likely will get him suspended for the USF Game.  

Most people conveniently forget that, of the QBs they are choosing from, one that beat Clemson last year in his only start and the other has taken Notre Dame to the National Championship, which is 10x better than any option we have on our roster.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

That is all.

The best is everybody talking about FSU like they are garbage because Jameis is gone and Dalvin Cook punching a woman likely will get him suspended for the USF Game.  

Most people conveniently forget that, of the QBs they are choosing from, one that beat Clemson last year in his only start and the other has taken Notre Dame to the National Championship, which is 10x better than any option we have on our roster.

I don't any sane person thinks we'll hang with, much less beat, FSU.  I saw a few ago that the prelim line was FSU -33.

I'm going, just like Custer went to his last stand.  But, I'm hopeful we show up.  Beating FAMU badly won't show much, but I don't think Taggart has won a game by double digits in his 2 years, and we BETTER win by 4 TDs, or we're REALLY a long way from being a bowl team.

So, while crushing FAMU won't tell us much, struggling against them absolutely will.

I dont think anyone thought we would go to Doak and beat FSU when we did a few years back especially after Grothe went down. Not saying its gonna happen this year but the who arguement of 10x better athletes rings a bit hollow in my ears...

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I dont think anyone thought we would go to Doak and beat FSU when we did a few years back especially after Grothe went down. Not saying its gonna happen this year but the who arguement of 10x better athletes rings a bit hollow in my ears...

Agree, and I was there...it was awesome.  My son wants to transfer there in January, so we're heading up to check out the campus at the same time.

This FSU team should be much better than the 17-7 loss team...and our D was amazing that year (they KILLED Ponder!).  Still, you NEVER know.  People said Notre Dame would kill us, but K Webster's 99 yd fumble return TD set the tone.

The worst we'll do is leave FSU 1-1.  Key games will be Maryland & Cuse, then we need to take care of business in conference.

That is all.

I think it only truly works one way mostly. For example wanting CWT gone before he really has a chance to get things in place. I doubt that hardly anyone will say we are going to crush FSU if we beat FAMU. I am willing to take the stats if and when it is time ;-)