• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's better for a coach to be excited about the future than dreading it...

I was at the event last night (loved seeing all of the coaches)... and the part that got me was when he said the culture has completely change 180 degrees... when he arrived on campus we didn't have any players that we could lean on to support the team... now the guys are doing more together... and he said that the coaches don't have to chase the players to be responsible... that they aren't chasing them to go to class... or to report on time for practice...

He also said the football team saw this spring what the community does when a team wins... how they rallied around the Women's basketball team... how they supported the baseball and tennis and golf teams ... they saw how the other student athletes rallied as well...

I think that can be a confidence builder... and can be the key to doing just that little more in the weight room... on the practice field.

Yes... we ALL know that the proof is in the pudding... all of this is talk... but there is something different this year... it's almost tangible -- a palpable chemistry I have not felt in far too long.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weoaddn_Xlc

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

If he was a stock, I'm selling...

Honestly hurts me to say that... die hard bull here

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Who's buying?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Who's buying?

No one until September 12th (in the event of a miracle) or September 19th.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

I see nothing about this team that would have me excited for this season

Taggart had no idea Mike was going to leave

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

It's better for a coach to be excited about the future than dreading it...

I was at the event last night (loved seeing all of the coaches)... and the part that got me was when he said the culture has completely change 180 degrees... when he arrived on campus we didn't have any players that we could lean on to support the team... now the guys are doing more together... and he said that the coaches don't have to chase the players to be responsible... that they aren't chasing them to go to class... or to report on time for practice...

He also said the football team saw this spring what the community does when a team wins... how they rallied around the Women's basketball team... how they supported the baseball and tennis and golf teams ... they saw how the other student athletes rallied as well...

I think that can be a confidence builder... and can be the key to doing just that little more in the weight room... on the practice field.

Yes... we ALL know that the proof is in the pudding... all of this is talk... but there is something different this year... it's almost tangible -- a palpable chemistry I have not felt in far too long.

We were there last night as well.  I felt the applause was more out of respect for him being our head coach than true enthusiasm.  He said that he is comfortable with Bench and Flowers and that one of them will decide who starts by how they play.  Didn't we go through this last year?  

He said that he noticed that the times we did well last year was when we went up tempo. When I spoke with him he says that this (uptempo) is what the players want and that it should help the D in preparing for all the uptempo we see.  My unspoken question was "Why did it take 3 years to figure that out?"

And even he didn't sound too optimistic about playing Navy's crazy offense.  Said that it will be tough.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm worried that the uptempo will have the opposite effect of what CWT wants for our defense.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I have absolutely no expectations for this team this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I will be "excited" if we take 4 of the first 6. Harder to get excited not being in Tampa for the tailgating anymore. Nervous that we may be in the hunt for yet another head coach and yet another scheme change at the end of the season. Hopeful that CWT gets us to 6 and develops further for year 4.