• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Report: Former Purdue HC to be OL Coach - CWT will be OC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Willie has not proven that he is an Xs and Os guy, the design of our plays are vanilla and extremely predictable...We really need a different play caller/Coordinator.. Let him concentrate on what he does best which is to motivate. Actually maybe not the best motivator but he does develop and get the best out of his players. Well maybe not the best developer in talent but he does manage a great game. On second thought maybe not a great manager but he does great work with the defense and special teams. Now that I think about it he is not that great on D or Special teams but he can recruit very well. Willie is a great recruiter, let him concentrate on recruiting and nothing else....

Well played sir. +1

Yuppers, this pretty much sums it up.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Willie has not proven that he is an Xs and Os guy, the design of our plays are vanilla and extremely predictable...We really need a different play caller/Coordinator.. Let him concentrate on what he does best which is to motivate. Actually maybe not the best motivator but he does develop and get the best out of his players. Well maybe not the best developer in talent but he does manage a great game. On second thought maybe not a great manager but he does great work with the defense and special teams. Now that I think about it he is not that great on D or Special teams but he can recruit very well. Willie is a great recruiter, let him concentrate on recruiting and nothing else....

Well played sir. +1

I think you're very right, but I'm willing to at least back these guys up.

These guys aren't morons. Hope, Kinnan and Allen are all bright guys with plenty of experience and I'm sure they know how bad our offense is and has been. However, it looks like they are all going to be on board. They know what Willies doing and are still willing to give it a go, same with Harlan.

Willie has one chance, he knows it, Harlan knows it, we all know it. Give him complete offensive control and give him the best coached line possible and we'll see what he can do.

And it's not that unorthodox... quite a few head coaches are also their offensive coordinator.

Hm, I'll be honest Idk of any. At least no good ones.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

And it's not that unorthodox... quite a few head coaches are also their offensive coordinator.

Paul Johnson, GT

Jimbo Fisher, FSU

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Paul Johnson, GT

Jimbo Fisher, FSU

Gus Malzahn

Steve Spurrier

And please, no knuckleheads misinterpret this as comparing CWT to those guys ...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Rich Rod

Dana Holgerson

Bobby Petrino

...there are a bunch.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Paul Johnson, GT

Jimbo Fisher, FSU

Gus Malzahn

Steve Spurrier

And please, no knuckleheads misinterpret this as comparing CWT to those guys ...

Dude, where do you get off comparing those guys to CWT?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We need a new playbook on O.....I can't stomach another year of the same play calling. USF has to be the most boring team to watch in Div.1

I thought we where talking about teams without a coordinator? Maybe we're on a different page but don't all of these schools have OC's in place, or two Co-OC's?

Baylor, USC, Auburn, FSU, Arizona, GT, and Louisville all have them.

I mean maybe I'm wrong but I know Smith and Magee are co-OC's w/ Rich Rod in Arizona. Spurrier has his son as a co-OC and I think their WR or OL coach as the other at USC. Baylor had one that I think is about to take a job with Tulsa, same guy that was the OC with RGIII. I know Malzahn has Lashlee, and Jimbo Fisher has Dawsey and Sanders at FSU.

Now, Dana Holgerson might be the HC and OC as well, not sure because I don't keep up with WVU but I thought they had that guy Dawson who left for UK

Edited by theman123