• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Report: Former Purdue HC to be OL Coach - CWT will be OC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I think we have TWO offense of Cordinator's.

@USFFootball: It's OFFICIAL. Welcome @CoachHope58 back to the Bay Area as #USF's Co-Offensive Coordinator: http://t.co/fQ3e8GP3t4 http://t.co/H6wwERAEGg

Wait, what?

I've heard its a pay thing.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Willie has not proven that he is an Xs and Os guy, the design of our plays are vanilla and extremely predictable...We really need a different play caller/Coordinator.. Let him concentrate on what he does best which is to motivate. Actually maybe not the best motivator but he does develop and get the best out of his players. Well maybe not the best developer in talent but he does manage a great game. On second thought maybe not a great manager but he does great work with the defense and special teams. Now that I think about it he is not that great on D or Special teams but he can recruit very well. Willie is a great recruiter, let him concentrate on recruiting and nothing else.... 

Awesome  :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

what kind of offense did he run at Purdue?

One that lead to an almost 30% drop in attendance.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

I thought we where talking about teams without a coordinator? Maybe we're on a different page but don't all of these schools have OC's in place, or two Co-OC's?

Baylor, USC, Auburn, FSU, Arizona, GT, and Louisville all have them.

I mean maybe I'm wrong but I know Smith and Magee are co-OC's w/ Rich Rod in Arizona. Spurrier has his son as a co-OC and I think their WR or OL coach as the other at USC. Baylor had one that I think is about to take a job with Tulsa, same guy that was the OC with RGIII. I know Malzahn has Lashlee, and Jimbo Fisher has Dawsey and Sanders at FSU.

Now, Dana Holgerson might be the HC and OC as well, not sure because I don't keep up with WVU but I thought they had that guy Dawson who left for UK

I think David Reaves was promoted to "Co-OC" so we have one of those now too.

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/546054552588255232

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

did anybody notice/mention that it appears that Hope was on Kinnan's staff from 81 - 84?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Hope

This is how coaching works. Hires are usually known by the hiring coach or by their mentor. Until this year they came from Harbaugh. Either he no longer trusts him or Harbough has no time for Willie. So now he's turned to his high school coach for recommendations.

In the meantime, coaches that are competent don't get serious consideration because they weren't know or recommended.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

I believe Reeves was the one who orchestrated a 33+ plus beat down of the Green team in the USF spring game making the back up QB look like Tom Brady.... I like this promotion.

I know many question Taggart's ability as a coach, but don't rule him out. I believe he can and will turn this around.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

did anybody notice/mention that it appears that Hope was on Kinnan's staff from 81 - 84?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Hope

This is how coaching works. Hires are usually known by the hiring coach or by their mentor. Until this year they came from Harbaugh. Either he no longer trusts him or Harbough has no time for Willie. So now he's turned to his high school coach for recommendations.

In the meantime, coaches that are competent don't get serious consideration because they weren't know or recommended.

Actually this is how most big business works.  Nepotism makes the word go round  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Reaves called an excellent spring game that is true and I think the players like him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

WHY does CWT insist on calling the plays?!? It CLEARLY has not been an effective approach.