• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOOTBALL 2015

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

ckparrot has nailed this in other threads. we either give him 2+ years or just fire him now.

The QB's on this roster are not good enough to win next year. He'll have to recruit someone this year and nobody is starting in this offense year 1 and excelling.

I think this is the real issue.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

ckparrot has nailed this in other threads. we either give him 2+ years or just fire him now.

The QB's on this roster are not good enough to win next year. He'll have to recruit someone this year and nobody is starting in this offense year 1 and excelling.

I think this is the real issue.

I agree with my protractoring friend

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think it matters who is the OC since everyone knows Willie is the one actually calling the plays and will step over anyone we bring in or have here already. One area Willie must work on upgrading and must settle early is the qb position. He has to get a good juco qb for next year to force competition and probably should have redshirted flowers this year and work on his mechanics throughout the season

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I didn't intend this to be a rehash of the other threads. Just got tired of the same He should go or shouldn't go debate.

Looking for different discussion about what can or should be done if he stays.

Can't believe anyone would be happy with the same scheme, coaching staff and playcalling and just expect to be better just because it is a new year.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

are there any Juco QBs that are going to be available for early enrollment?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

I disagree that Mike White is not good enough to win next year. He absolutely is capable of being a bowl-worthy QB and more. 

I would like to see a better defense. Wonder what will happen with Bres. 

I would like to see Taggart do a better job of communicating. If you're not winning, you better be selling a vision. 

I would like to see the penalties improve and the pace pick up. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Harlan should sit him down in the offseason and say, "Willie, I'm hiring an OC and a DC for you. You WILL let them do their jobs. You WILL sit in the booth during games. If you don't like it leave."

Then it's all on WIllie. If he quits, no severance. He can still recruit like the dickens, make the most money, and be the public face of the program, just not on game day.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

The system is not going to change. Is there a qb out there that can learn this system well enough to be efficient? Do we have the o-line to run the ball? Do we even have check-downs when there are 8 - 10 in the box? Can a wr take the ball away from a db?

There are so many things wrong with this football team it's not even funny. And they're NOT all on offense. Can our corners cover anybody? Can somebody on defense tackle somebody, straight-up, not candyass grabbing at the ball? Can we NOT give up 500+ yds in a game?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Our offense is young not really the problem. Our true frosh runningback is a stud. 

The defense on 3rd down is the problem.