• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers to start vs. SMU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

You can't pull him for White or Bench after youve given them both a chance and then just taken it away. QB motivation will be at all time lows for those two, which is unfortunate. 

What, white ISN'T the future? I though he was Taggart's guy? WTF is happening

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

im fine with starting him -- the season is a dumpster fire and his redshirt is burned... we know who white and bench are.

sadly i'm not sure Q flowers in a pro-style offense will be much difference 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

I like it! Best of luck to Flowers this weekend!

At this point what's the worst that can happen? Bench and White haven't proven to be winners and they have progressed very little from what we saw last year.

Give the kid a shot. If the pass isn't there he should scramble and take off (ahem Matt Grothe) and hopefully with some success that may open up some receivers.

Regardless, dual threat QB's are at least exciting to watch win or lose lol. 

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

According to the weather i saw, its supposed to rain saturday as well. Not sure what time of the day. But high 30s with a chance of rain???? Sweet Buttery Jesus

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Fifth guy to start at QB in a little over a season and a half worth of games.  2nd true freshman in two years.  Not Taggart's fault, but our offense is a mess.  Plugging 5 new people into the same scheme with the same results should tell you that there is more of a problem than just at QB.  

I am almost thinking that this is Flowers' one big chance to show he can be a QB at this level and for this team.  If he can't get it done, Taggart has no choice, but to bring in at least 2 or 3 JUCO, FCS or 5th year transfers that can play right away.

I really hope Flowers can get it done for several reasons.  I hope he doesn't just come out and perform marginally well, but really lights it up.

Don't forget, we are mathematically still in the hunt for a bowl game.  What do we do if Flowers wins, but is only marginally effective?  Do we keep trying to ride him vs Memphis or UCF or do we just cede the rest of the year and build for next year?  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So who's the backup? ;-)

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

According to the weather i saw, its supposed to rain saturday as well. Not sure what time of the day. But high 30s with a chance of rain???? Sweet Buttery Jesus

Oh the weather is gonna be poor. Windy, rainy/wet and really cold. I've already packed all my thermals so i don't freeze to death lol.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Fifth guy to start at QB in a little over a season and a half worth of games.  2nd true freshman in two years.  Not Taggart's fault, but our offense is a mess.  

Not Taggart's fault our offense is a mess?  Who else is to blame?  He's been here almost two years and our offense is still among the worst in DI.  Teams with less talent are performing better on offense.  It is CWT's offense and he refuses to let his OC change it.  Two recruiting classes and almost two years to work with these kids, we should be seeing some kind of improvement.   It's all on CWT.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Desperation is setting in for Willie. There is no other QB on the horizon at this point that is going to come in next year and turn it around to save his job. Might as well see what Flowers has got.

I think either White or Bench would tear, relatively speaking, SMU up. It's certainly the easiest test any QB will face.

I do agree with you though, I smell fear and desperation from Taggart with this move after being wedded to White so long. Maybe Flowers will be what sticks when thrown against the wall. That's what the QB decisions from Taggart are looking like.