• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers to start vs. SMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Gulp! Nervous about this one...

Hopefully he can score more than 17 points for us

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So we are going to have a guy who can't pass try and throw the ball with temps in the 30's? lol, F me...

Taggart is saying that so we can catch SMU totally by surprise and run the ball.  They'll never expect that with Flowers in the lineup.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

This board will be a complete meltdown, burning couches and going off the deep end if Flowers can't make it happen against one of the worst defenses in FBS.

The question is, if Flowers gets off to a bad start, do we pull him for White or Bench?

Absolutely...pull him for White and/or Bench.

All we're doing at this point in time is experimentation. 

SMU - in my opinion -represents the last chance this season to get a win. And maybe putting QB #3 up against an inept team might work out. 

Then again, even if he does succeed, does that give him the starting job the rest of the season? 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Even if he doesn't succeed, start him the rest of the season.

If he's the future, the future is now.

If he's not... Next!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

Yes I 'm glad i wasn't drinking coffee when I read your post. Yeah, noooooooooooo waaaaaay their defense will think that Winky will tuck and run, noooooooooooo  waaaaaaaaay

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

I think I heard he made a long pass play to Eric Dungy in practice, so..... does Dungy even play?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Desperation is setting in for Willie. There is no other QB on the horizon at this point that is going to come in next year and turn it around to save his job. Might as well see what Flowers has got.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't think Flowers is ready but White and Bench have done nothing to show they are the answer either.  I don't like the move as Flowers was REALLY raw throwing the football mechanically, hopefully he's made some big time improvements or this makes our offense even more one dimensional.   Some people were wondering how we could lose to SMU, well a move like this definitely makes this possible.  I suddenly have a very bad feeling about this weekend, hopefully Flowers proves me wrong....

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

At this point beating SMU isn't a given with anyone on our roster at QB. Taggart will get another year regardless of what happens the rest of the way. It's in Taggart's best interest to find out what he has in Quinton Flowers. If he can play QB or if he can't. If he can't he knows he needs to go out and bring in 15 QBs (exaggeration) for next year because next year will decide whether he still has a job or not at USF. We know what we have in Mike White. We know what we have in Steven Bench. We don't know what we have yet in Flowers. I like it. 

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

I would expect the game-plan to be very much like what Florida did against Georgia. Run, run-option, then run some more... and attempt like 5 passes. Lets hope the O-Line is up to the task. 

At least we are going to see how Flowers runs the offense, and how the players react to him. I hope he is the leader we need him to be.

Go Bulls!!