• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers to start vs. SMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

So we are going to have a guy who can't pass try and throw the ball with temps in the 30's? lol, F me...

Probably more the reason why he went with Flowers, he'll probably only throw about 12 passes all game.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

Here is the way I see this playing out.  Taggart dumbs down the playbook like he did for White vs Houston last year.  Flowers does well enough to have us lose by only 3 or 4 points.  Taggart starts Flowers the rest of the year and he plays like White did the the rest of his starts last year after Taggart assumes he now knows the whole play book.  We go into next year with White & Flowers vying for the starting job and Bench is starting at La. Tech for Holtz (I'm kidding about that last part since Holtz recruited White, so maybe it will be White playing at La Tech).

Holtz didn't recruit White.  White was a Taggart commit. 

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Alot of white space there

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Taggart absolutely made the right move here.  His goal this year was to make a bowl game.  He gave both White and Bench plenty of opportunities and combined they led this team to the brink of being eliminated from bowl eligibility.  Now coming off a bye week against the worst team in the country, Flowers has an opportunity to be eased into a rough situation, and then most likely be given a chance to win 2 consecutive games against solid teams to save the season.   My prediction is that we see USF play Georgia Tech ball this week.   20 rushes from Mack.  15 rushes from Flowers.  10 for Johnson.  5 - 10 for everyone else.  Flowers throws 10 - 15 passes.  We most likely will play primarily 1 WR sets with Davis, because everyone else has dropped the ball every other time it's in their hands.  SMU has given up atleast 220 rushing yards in every single game they have played this year.  

My only criticism of this move is that Taggart has shown a willingness to shuffle QB's in and out when they have played poorly, but for some reason he has left the same offensive linemen, tight ends, and wide receivers in that have struggled as well.   He is pretty much sending the message to the team that they are losing because their QB's suck, when in reality there is alot more blame to go around.  Even if he has to go deep into the depth chart he needs to give some more players an opportunity to show what they can go on game day, not just in practice.

He still hasn't given Bench a fair shot.  The one game that Bench was named starter, he split reps during the week with White.  White had week after week of first team reps all to himself even as he failed each game.  Bench gets one week with 50% reps, the running game disappears on him and that is all he gets.  

Not sure how you believe that Bench got a fair shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So we are going to have a guy who can't pass try and throw the ball with temps in the 30's? lol, F me...

Probably more the reason why he went with Flowers, he'll probably only throw about 12 passes all game.

I hope he doesn't throw that many, or SMU will score several TDs on pick-sixes.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

Taggart absolutely made the right move here. His goal this year was to make a bowl game. He gave both White and Bench plenty of opportunities and combined they led this team to the brink of being eliminated from bowl eligibility. Now coming off a bye week against the worst team in the country, Flowers has an opportunity to be eased into a rough situation, and then most likely be given a chance to win 2 consecutive games against solid teams to save the season. My prediction is that we see USF play Georgia Tech ball this week. 20 rushes from Mack. 15 rushes from Flowers. 10 for Johnson. 5 - 10 for everyone else. Flowers throws 10 - 15 passes. We most likely will play primarily 1 WR sets with Davis, because everyone else has dropped the ball every other time it's in their hands. SMU has given up atleast 220 rushing yards in every single game they have played this year.

My only criticism of this move is that Taggart has shown a willingness to shuffle QB's in and out when they have played poorly, but for some reason he has left the same offensive linemen, tight ends, and wide receivers in that have struggled as well. He is pretty much sending the message to the team that they are losing because their QB's suck, when in reality there is alot more blame to go around. Even if he has to go deep into the depth chart he needs to give some more players an opportunity to show what they can go on game day, not just in practice.

He still hasn't given Bench a fair shot. The one game that Bench was named starter, he split reps during the week with White. White had week after week of first team reps all to himself even as he failed each game. Bench gets one week with 50% reps, the running game disappears on him and that is all he gets.

Not sure how you believe that Bench got a fair shot.

Agreed. Bench has never had even the majority of the reps and Davis, the teams leading receiver played in only one half of the ges he played in this year

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Heather Cox

Bobby cox

dewey cox

Sharon Cox

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233