• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF officials ready to act for on-campus stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

moving from a state of the art stadium to a rinky dink 40k jerry rigged stadium would be dumb but very usf like

if you cant build a state of the art stadium to rival the swamp or doak why bother

The Swamp started as a 22k seat stadium in 1921 and didn't get to a size that befits the Gator's history of winning until 40 years after it was built (it finally cleared 62000 in 1961).

I think you have your timeline a bit backwards. The Gators didn't have a history of winning to go with that stadium until the 1990s (unless you're literally talking about being a mostly .500 team). Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Here's a good reason to build a stadium; call it, the Hoffa reason

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

About Farking Time. All I've been saying for years is start the **** fundraising. Who cares how long it takes. Announce it now and copy the Big12 on the press release. Glad someone other than my dog has been listening to me!

your dog to harlan's ear :D

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

If they build an on campus stadium, I'm going to dread having to park at the University Mall and walking over with my family

I'll just have to decide which poison to take - get towed by Parking Services, or by Stepps towing from the University Mall

We can't even fit the students that current ATTEND the campus, on the campus. How are we going to fit another 15,000 cars PLUS a huge stadium on that campus?

It's going to be just like attending classes, with the jam packed student lots and empty faculty lots. 

The one thing USF does NOT get right, is the parking situation. It was terrible in 1996 when I started at USF, it was terrible in 2001 when I graduated. It was terrible in 2008 when I went back for my Masters, and it was terrible in 2011 when I finished.

When ya'll are parking at the Adventure Island parking lot, you'll understand what the point I'm trying to make. An OCS will be a purposely engineered disaster 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Pure incompetence and total lack of vision that the mentioned questions haven't been answered before.

If you think that this is the first time these questions have come up and been discussed at the leadership level, you are wrong.

Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

moving from a state of the art stadium to a rinky dink 40k jerry rigged stadium would be dumb but very usf like

if you cant build a state of the art stadium to rival the swamp or doak why bother

The idea that either the Swamp or Doak are "state of the art" stadiums is hilarious. I've been to both many, many times. They're special venues, but not because they're "state of the art."

Those of you who are sanguine about an OCS are a vocal minority. Insisting on "need" as a criterion is funny and largely pointless. Fortunately, administrators are about to learn (via their feasibility study) that the average student and donor WANT (not need) to build a more traditional game day experience on campus (I.e. sans a goofy pirate ship and FIRE THE CANONS!) like most schools in Florida and are willing to pay for it. If it turns out I'm wrong (I could be) we'll remain RJS' red-headed step child indefinitely and probably get passed over during the next realignment in favor of the school to the east (not a "pipe dream" that we'll have to match or exceed them in school-specific facilities for consideration). I suppose for some of you that would be a good result because, hey, RJS is a good recruiting tool and pretty cavernous.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

If they build an on campus stadium, I'm going to dread having to park at the University Mall and walking over with my family

I'll just have to decide which poison to take - get towed by Parking Services, or by Stepps towing from the University Mall

We can't even fit the students that current ATTEND the campus, on the campus. How are we going to fit another 15,000 cars PLUS a huge stadium on that campus?

It's going to be just like attending classes, with the jam packed student lots and empty faculty lots. 

The one thing USF does NOT get right, is the parking situation. It was terrible in 1996 when I started at USF, it was terrible in 2001 when I graduated. It was terrible in 2008 when I went back for my Masters, and it was terrible in 2011 when I finished.

When ya'll are parking at the Adventure Island parking lot, you'll understand what the point I'm trying to make. An OCS will be a purposely engineered disaster 

isn't that part of the on campus experience? :D

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

They're moving the USF Medical School to Channelside, there will be plenty of space for a stadium and parking once they've relocated.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

Doak is UCF with a facade

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

The idea that either the Swamp or Doak are "state of the art" stadiums is hilarious. I've been to both many, many times. They're special venues, but not because they're "state of the art."

Those of you who are sanguine about an OCS are a vocal minority. Insisting on "need" as a criterion is funny and largely pointless. Fortunately, administrators are about to learn (via their feasibility study) that the average student and donor WANT (not need) to build a more traditional game day experience on campus (I.e. sans a goofy pirate ship and FIRE THE CANONS!) like most schools in Florida and are willing to pay for it. If it turns out I'm wrong (I could be) we'll remain RJS' red-headed step child indefinitely and probably get passed over during the next realignment in favor of the school to the east (not a "pipe dream" that we'll have to match or exceed them in school-specific facilities for consideration). I suppose for some of you that would be a good result because, hey, RJS is a good recruiting tool and pretty cavernous.

Good post... it's an arms race with UCF