• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF officials ready to act for on-campus stadium

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

*sigh* .... Another misleading headline. It should read:

USF officials ready to act for a feasibility study on an on-campus stadium

You gotta start somewhere...OCS's don't just magically appear.

Absolutely agree .... but that headline can be taken that usf officials are ready to move forward with building one.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

*sigh* .... Another misleading headline.

Once again, I'm shocked!  Shocked, that an OCS topic headline would be misleading.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

*sigh* .... Another misleading headline. It should read:USF officials ready to act for a feasibility study on an on-campus stadium

You can fight this OCS debate all you want but in the end, USF needs an OCS. We may be the only school that does not have an OCS in AAC soon as Temple is getting close to announcing an OCS ground breaking. Time for USF to rhing really big and get this program back off the mat.

If I thought USF needed an OCS, I wouldn't be saying a word. I do think they need an IPF .... and couldn't find anything about an imminent ground breaking announcement from Temple. Did see where they bought an old high school that could be used as a site for one ... do you have any more updated info on a Temple OCS?

If money wasn't an issue, do you think USF would benefit from an OCS? If a T Boone Pickens type alum threw $250 mill at the stadium would you change your tone?

Nope. Wouldn't change my tone a bit. I've never said I didn't want an OCS, just that we don't need one to accomplish anything we want to accomplish as a football program. If money wasn't an issue, where you could build an ocs with the affordable amenities of RayJay, I'm down with it.

Appreciate your opinion. I thought your apprehension was solely monetary. What if the Big12 said an OCS was a requirement for admission, would that change your mind or would you rather stay in the AAC? Edited by Sellular1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

*sigh* .... Another misleading headline. It should read:USF officials ready to act for a feasibility study on an on-campus stadium

You can fight this OCS debate all you want but in the end, USF needs an OCS. We may be the only school that does not have an OCS in AAC soon as Temple is getting close to announcing an OCS ground breaking. Time for USF to rhing really big and get this program back off the mat.

If I thought USF needed an OCS, I wouldn't be saying a word. I do think they need an IPF .... and couldn't find anything about an imminent ground breaking announcement from Temple. Did see where they bought an old high school that could be used as a site for one ... do you have any more updated info on a Temple OCS?

If money wasn't an issue, do you think USF would benefit from an OCS? If a T Boone Pickens type alum threw $250 mill at the stadium would you change your tone?

Nope. Wouldn't change my tone a bit. I've never said I didn't want an OCS, just that we don't need one to accomplish anything we want to accomplish as a football program. If money wasn't an issue, where you could build an ocs with the affordable amenities of RayJay, I'm down with it.

Appreciate your opinion. I thought your apprehension was solely monetary. What if the Big12 said an OCS was a requirement for admission, would that change your mind or would you rather stay in the AAC?

My answer is, I think, as a football program, getting to a P5 is something we want to accomplish ... Any more of your pipe dream questions will have to wait until a later time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

*sigh* .... Another misleading headline.

Once again, I'm shocked! Shocked, that an OCS topic headline would be misleading.

Newspaper headline.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

There it is....

I am surprised at the timing but I am glad that officials are at least looking into it at this point. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Appreciate your opinion. I thought your apprehension was solely monetary. What if the Big12 said an OCS was a requirement for admission, would that change your mind or would you rather stay in the AAC?

If that's all it takes, we would have done it in a heart beat. But you need some surge of momentum to capitalize off of. Let's say we have an eight or nine win season, and then in February after Taggart nails the recruiting class, then you can complete the motion to jive people up through off season "Hey! We're building an OCS!"

But even so, you would have to line up the donors first, no matter what type of stadium we build. 

It will be looked at, certainly. But I think a lot of this feasibility study will come down to "can we raise enough money to pay for the stadium we want?" 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

moving from a state of the art  stadium to a rinky dink 40k jerry rigged stadium would be dumb but very usf like

if you cant build a state of the art stadium to rival the swamp or doak why bother

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

They need to convince the local corporations to get involved. TECO and Publix to contribute. Hooters and Outback as well. Not sure how well Hooters is doing.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

moving from a state of the art  stadium to a rinky dink 40k jerry rigged stadium would be dumb but very usf like

if you cant build a state of the art stadium to rival the swamp or doak why bother

Your assumption that we would build a rinky dink stadium is silly. 

USF has said repeatedly that they're going to do it right and right is what the University of Minnesota has. 

Btw, the Swamp and Doak were originally just that-rinky dink stadiums. The Swamp started as a 22k seat stadium in 1921 and didn't get to a size that befits the Gator's history of winning until 40 years after it was built (it finally cleared 62000 in 1961). Doak Campbell started as a 15k seat stadium in 1950 and didn't clear the 60k mark until 35 years later, when it hit 60519. Stadiums ARE NOT built over night, they grow with demand for the program. And if population growth and Florida talent is any indication, USF will grow it's fan base without real trouble. All we have to do is win.

While I can't deny I would love a smaller scale replica of Century Link Field in Seattle (that place just gets loud from the design alone), I get that it's not feasible.