• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another one gone from Bulls Club?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

I have a co-worker who used to be a Green Jacket donor and season ticket holder for football. He was in a group of 4 couples and they split the cost of the donation and the 8 season tickets. The group disbanded and he contacted the Bulls Club about the possibility of getting only two season tickets with club access with a $250 donation. He was told no. He is no longer a season ticket holder as he is an older gentleman and really needs access to the club prior to the game and at halftime. It is a shame given our current situation that the Bulls Club is not thinking outside of the box on this one. I'm sure he is not alone in his situation. 

So let's say that you don't want to "cheapen" your donor levels, then the Bulls Club should simply seek 4 groups of 2 or 2 groups of 4 and put them together for the purposes of club donations/season tickets. What would be the harm in that? In my opinion, our program is falling way behind financially and their draconian rules will not make matters any better. 

That's a really tough call but I'd hardly describe that as "draconian". Maybe they could put something out about suggesting potential donors putting together different groups to up the giving level if they really can't afford it but I don't think it would be advantageous for the BC to be the one spending time matchmaking. The whole idea of the different perks for different levels is to encourage someone maybe giving a little more than they had originally planned to get an extra perk.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Everyone has to agree that our athletic department has been pretty much in shambles the last few years. Change the head coach and generally the entire staff will be different. We have a new athletic director. Makes sense that the day he started no ones job below him was safe. We have to trust that Harlan is moving the program in the direction we all want it to go.

Agree, to a point. When you start talking about changes in revenue producing positions where relationships have been built, I think you need to be pretty careful .... All we can do right now is trust Harlan to do what's needed to keep us going forward.

Coffee's for closers!

Love that flick!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

That's strange. I remember seeing him on the sidelines down on the field last Saturday. I sit in close to the home side tunnel so I saw him down there before kickoff.  He must've just left. That can't be good two weeks into Football season.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

He just joined the program in June of last year, so he was a Woolard hire.  Perhaps the standard "disagreement with the direction of the program".

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Harlan cleaning house and bringing in his own guys?

He's firing the wrong guys.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

What exactly do people need to talk about with their bulls club rep?

Where to get the best sub

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I have a co-worker who used to be a Green Jacket donor and season ticket holder for football. He was in a group of 4 couples and they split the cost of the donation and the 8 season tickets. The group disbanded and he contacted the Bulls Club about the possibility of getting only two season tickets with club access with a $250 donation. He was told no. He is no longer a season ticket holder as he is an older gentleman and really needs access to the club prior to the game and at halftime. It is a shame given our current situation that the Bulls Club is not thinking outside of the box on this one. I'm sure he is not alone in his situation. 

So let's say that you don't want to "cheapen" your donor levels, then the Bulls Club should simply seek 4 groups of 2 or 2 groups of 4 and put them together for the purposes of club donations/season tickets. What would be the harm in that? In my opinion, our program is falling way behind financially and their draconian rules will not make matters any better. 

That's a really tough call but I'd hardly describe that as "draconian". Maybe they could put something out about suggesting potential donors putting together different groups to up the giving level if they really can't afford it but I don't think it would be advantageous for the BC to be the one spending time matchmaking. The whole idea of the different perks for different levels is to encourage someone maybe giving a little more than they had originally planned to get an extra perk.

Maybe draconian was the wrong adjective...inflexible would be better. Listen, I agree that there needs to be greater benefits for larger donations, but, at this critical juncture in our program's history, we need to be thinking outside of the box and targeting every cent we can get our hands on. If that means "grouping" individuals to get them in better seats while maybe rolling back the benefits, so be it. What would be the harm in creating subcategories of donors at this point in order to widen the base? We are losing donors at a rapid pace and I fear for the future of our program. While other universities are going to see their budgets expanding (rapidly at that) we cannot afford to see our's contract. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,779
  • Days Won:  3

4 groups of 2 or 2 groups of 4 and put them together for the purposes of club donations/season tickets.

You mean, run the database to find couples or foursomes that are already donors at non-Green Jacket levels and pitch the idea of donating en masse to attain one GJ level donation ($1K) with the perk of club access?

It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how that would impact the individual account holders as the current configuration is set up as $1K = 1 GJ donor.

Although your co-worker was part of that group of eight, I'm certain that either he, or one of the other members, was the holder of record on the account.  As an example, I buy four tickets already at the non-GJ donor level. The Bulls club would want to combine me with either two couples or another foursome (also at the non GJ donor level) and land at the $1K donor level. If the bulls club could do that, and not cost anyone their individual account (and perks associated with longevity), that might be a way to go. Maybe. Depending on how much one values club access.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What exactly do people need to talk about with their bulls club rep?

Where to get the best sub

Nah.  If they don't know already where to get the best sub (or chicken tenders), there's no hope for them. 

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

Harris ran the alumni relations at UCLA, so it seems like he is focusing in that area here right now.  Perhaps we'll see some of his former colleagues there come aboard.

Anyway, I think that Marcy is the only one there that I still know.