• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So how do you fix the accuracy issues?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Most accuracy problems come from bad footwork.

I wonder how much of a role position coaching is playing in our QB struggles.

they only get so much time to coach. offseason is like 2 hours per week. you either have it or you don't.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Personally, I'm not putting all the blame on the receivers like you seem to be doing with Bench.  Obviously, you have some bias towards White and that's fine, but to say that the receiver's had no blame in this is ludicrous.

no offense but drops and good catches tend to equal out over time. watch the film. bench throws behind receivers all the time. white throws to the same receivers and was better by 15% last year.

Again.  Watch White against WCU and tell me he was more accurate.  His balls weren't catchable by Superman, so I'm not really sure what your argument is.

Except for when White is horrendous and gives his receivers zero chance to catch the ball, he is more accurate sometimes?

Edited by ShadowBull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Personally, I'm not putting all the blame on the receivers like you seem to be doing with Bench.  Obviously, you have some bias towards White and that's fine, but to say that the receiver's had no blame in this is ludicrous.

no offense but drops and good catches tend to equal out over time. watch the film. bench throws behind receivers all the time. white throws to the same receivers and was better by 15% last year.

Again.  Watch White against WCU and tell me he was more accurate.  His balls weren't catchable by Superman, so I'm not really sure what your argument is.

Except for when White is horrendous and gives his receivers zero chance to catch the ball, he is more accurate sometimes?

he is more accurate on average than bench is. 53% last year compared to 40.6%

not sure why you use such a small sample size but it has been proven over time.

he is more accurate on average than bench is. 53% last year compared to 40.6%

not sure why you use such a small sample size but it has been proven over time.

Small sample size?  Bench had 60 attempts last year with a completely dysfunctional offense in various parts of several games.  He never even had one complete game as a QB.  Not really sure how you count that as a valid sample size.

The fact that White's passes in the WCU were the worst I have ever seen any USF QB throw ever.  And that is saying something.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

The fact that White's passes in the WCU were the worst I have ever seen any USF QB throw ever.

This just made me laugh.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Real talk, 

Find better quarterbacks.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Why did he quit?

I heard he had graduated already and had some nagging injuries.  Maybe there were other compelling reasons, I don't know.

I think you may have been misled by old data.

Last time we had a long snapper anywhere near graduation was 2011-12

2014-15

59       Alex Salvato     LS     5-11     200     So.     Lakeland, Fla. (Victory Christian Academy)

58       Zach Stewart     LS     6-3      220     Fr.     Tampa, Fla. (King HS)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=7700&SPID=2981&SPSID=37330

2013-14

59       Alex Salvato     LS     5-11     165     RFr.     Lakeland, Fla. (Victory Christian Academy)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=2013

2012-13

59       Alex Salvato     LS     5-11     149     Fr.     Lakeland, Fla. (Victory Christian Academy)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=2012

2011-12

68       Michael Walsh     LS     5-10     215     5Sr.     Tampa , FL (Plant HS)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=2011

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The fact that White's passes in the WCU were the worst I have ever seen any USF QB throw ever.

This just made me laugh.

He must have not seen Pat Julmiste, Ronnie Banks, or Coutney Denson throw passes for USF.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

No blame goes to the receivers?

This just made me laugh.

He must have not seen Pat Julmiste, Ronnie Banks, or Coutney Denson throw passes for USF.

Sure did.