• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So how do you fix the accuracy issues?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Personally, I'm not putting all the blame on the receivers like you seem to be doing with Bench.  Obviously, you have some bias towards White and that's fine, but to say that the receiver's had no blame in this is ludicrous.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Most accuracy problems come from bad footwork.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I didn't see that many passes that were off-target... I saw more that hit receivers and were dropped by WRs.

If those drops are actually caught, we win that game.

Rewatched some... hard to see in stadium.

Many of the dropped passes were poorly thrown balls. High, behind etc.

But.... at the end of the day if the ball is behind you and you get two hands on it... you need to come down with

the football.

honestly these people that are blaming the receivers need to watch the replay. he was off target all day.

sure they could have made a couple more spectacular catches and yes they had a few blatant drops (all receivers do) but they also saved him on a few bad throws.

even the commentators were talking about the bad balls bench was throwing.

Did you happen to see how many throws White made to players shoelaces last week?  Bench was clearly far more accurate, though he is obviously not Payton Manning.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We need receivers and tight ends that will catch footballs that touch their hands.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

Most accuracy problems come from bad footwork.

I wonder how much of a role position coaching is playing in our QB struggles.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

I did not watch but I listened on the radio.

From the radio broadcast it sounded like more incompletions were from bad passes (behind, too high, too low) than dropping of leading passes.

At one point the broadcaster was saying Bench needs to be leading the receivers and getting them in stride so they can make athletic plays after the catch. He said there were a lot of missed opportunities because Bench's passes were not leading the receivers and too often thrown behind them.

It really sounded like the balls just weren't thrown well on the radio. We did have a pretty good drive at one point and Bench scrambled in the endzone, but were flat in the second half.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

Bring in Greg Schiano to help coach the QBs. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

you need to recruit better qbs

in all fairness we need to see  how white does  or if bench improves

the play calling was terrible

CWT has a good QB we are recruiting from Ohio…hope he signs, we do need more QBs

I would have like to have seen White today

I disagree play calling didn't cost us this game it was special teams…if we didn't give them a short field a few times and snap the ball clean we win.

Our new long snapper isn't nearly as good as the kid who quit the team and he's maybe 160 lbs. with his uniform on.

pads included of course.  Program said he was a lot more but no way he even came near 170 unless someone had their foot on the scale with him. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Personally, I'm not putting all the blame on the receivers like you seem to be doing with Bench.  Obviously, you have some bias towards White and that's fine, but to say that the receiver's had no blame in this is ludicrous.

no offense but drops and good catches tend to equal out over time. watch the film. bench throws behind receivers all the time. white throws to the same receivers and was better by 15% last year.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I did not watch but I listened on the radio.

From the radio broadcast it sounded like more incompletions were from bad passes (behind, too high, too low) than dropping of leading passes.

At one point the broadcaster was saying Bench needs to be leading the receivers and getting them in stride so they can make athletic plays after the catch. He said there were a lot of missed opportunities because Bench's passes were not leading the receivers and too often thrown behind them.

It really sounded like the balls just weren't thrown well on the radio. We did have a pretty good drive at one point and Bench scrambled in the endzone, but were flat in the second half.

correct. if people saw the replay they would understand this. balls were way behind receivers on many occasions. not sure why they think 40% is an accurate QB.