• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So how do you fix the accuracy issues?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Personally, I'm not putting all the blame on the receivers like you seem to be doing with Bench.  Obviously, you have some bias towards White and that's fine, but to say that the receiver's had no blame in this is ludicrous.

no offense but drops and good catches tend to equal out over time. watch the film. bench throws behind receivers all the time. white throws to the same receivers and was better by 15% last year.

Again.  Watch White against WCU and tell me he was more accurate.  His balls weren't catchable by Superman, so I'm not really sure what your argument is.

Except for when White is horrendous and gives his receivers zero chance to catch the ball, he is more accurate sometimes?

he is more accurate on average than bench is. 53% last year compared to 40.6%

not sure why you use such a small sample size but it has been proven over time.

Last year is last year. We are in this year, different stage of development, with this coaching staff, this team. All factors that affect a QB.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Sometimes charsibb, you need to be smarter than your computer. #41 Jake Carlton 6-3 240 Sr. was our starting long snapper and now it's a So who looks like he's 5-10 and weighs 150 dripping wet.

Gotcha. Me not so smart. GoUSFBulls lists him as a TE, and still on the roster.

Why hasn't the site been updated, me wants to know?

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&DB_LANG=C&SPID=2981&SORT_ORDER=1&PRINTABLE_PAGE=&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=2014

Actually, the LS that left the team was David Burdetsky (RJr) who was the LS in all 12 games last season.

That's right, Carlton was the replacement for the void left by Burdetsky.  Sorry, I saw him on the earlier 2-Deep and thought that was the guy we lost.  He graduated UG already, didn't he? Similar size to Carlton?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes charsibb, you need to be smarter than your computer. #41 Jake Carlton 6-3 240 Sr. was our starting long snapper and now it's a So who looks like he's 5-10 and weighs 150 dripping wet.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&DB_LANG=C&SPID=2981&SORT_ORDER=1&PRINTABLE_PAGE=&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=2014

Actually, the LS that left the team was David Burdetsky (RJr) who was the LS in all 12 games last season.

How can that be?  Going all the way back to 2009, that name doesn't show up in the official roster anywhere / anywhen.

You apparently don't know this team as well as you believe. 

That's right, Carlton was the replacement for the void left by Burdetsky.  Sorry, I saw him on the earlier 2-Deep and thought that was the guy we lost.  He graduated UG already, didn't he? Similar size to Carlton?

Yeah, that's what I was told (he graduated) and I suspect would have possibly stayed on to play, but as you pointed out earlier, apparently he had some injury that affected his decision to stay on the team.  The LS issues are now on this coaching staff.  All positions - even Special Teams skilled players - require needed effective backups. Maybe the coaching staff didn't see Burdetsky's retirement coming, but as we saw this past Saturday, it may be one of those least used positions, but it's a critical one based on when its' needed.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

How can that be?  Going all the way back to 2009, that name doesn't show up in the official roster anywhere / anywhen.

No, I don't keep detailed bios of all 83+ players :facepalm:

What I DO believe is that the official website should have correct official information, and it obviously doesn't

No, I don't keep detailed bios of all 83+ players :facepalm:

What I DO believe is that the official website should have correct official information, and it obviously doesn't

I believe the official site and roster is correct: http://www.gousfbull...0&Q_SEASON=2014   I think I might be confused over what you mean by "correct?"  Did you expect to see specialty positions like "holder" and "LS" be added to a player's main position? Typically LS, and FG holder are collateral duties and not the player's only position.  Although, I believe in Burdetsky's case, I never saw a position listed for him other than LS.  So, if Carlton was given that additional duty as a LS, it would not typically be listed as his main position - which is TE. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I always try to sink the cheerio's going counter clockwise from the center out!