• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow...Maryland getting alot of respect on here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

CWT did a fair amount to make the team better this year.

New offensive coordinator.

Gave up play calling duties.

Brought in 2 freshmen stud RBs.

Brought in a juco TE to help with blocking.

Accepted Rodney Adams as a transfer.

Brought in another QB. This may come into play later.

He hasn't sat pat.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

He hasn't sat pat.

I love how Taggart apparently sat around and did nothing in the offseason, yet the guy who just scored 4 TD's and essentially won the game for us was a true freshman he recruiting and our leading receiver was a transfer he convinced to come here.

I still don't think a good chunk of the Bulls fanbase truly grasps just how bad of shape this program was in when Holtz left.  In 2012 he had a senior QB in BJ Daniels who was good enough to make an NFL roster for the Super Bowl Champions, and they STILL went 3-9.  And during that 3-9 they struggled to beat Chattanooga, they needed a last minute miracle drive vs. Nevada, and beat Uconn by a touchdown.  AND THAT WAS WITH AN NFL CALIBER QB.   And the second that QB went down the team started getting destroyed by 5 - 7 win teams like Miami, Pitt, and Cincy.  DESTROYED.   If you gave Willie Taggart a QB that averaged a 126 QB ratiing and ran for 400 yards per season, this football team would win 8 games minimum right now with the talent he has added already.   Holtz left this program in worse shape then nearly 20 FCS teams.  Worse bottom feeders like FAU and Temple.   

An F5 tornado essentially just came through and leveled an entire city.   If you really expect that magically in 1 season Taggart will have had every problem resolved and filled every position on the team with a new much better player, then you should just stop watching.  

Edited by Superhippy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Bring crab meat terps fan

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

He hasn't sat pat.

I love how Taggart apparently sat around and did nothing in the offseason, yet the guy who just scored 4 TD's and essentially won the game for us was a true freshman he recruiting and our leading receiver was a transfer he convinced to come here.

I still don't think a good chunk of the Bulls fanbase truly grasps just how bad of shape this program was in when Holtz left.  In 2012 he had a senior QB in BJ Daniels who was good enough to make an NFL roster for the Super Bowl Champions, and they STILL went 3-9.  And during that 3-9 they struggled to beat Chattanooga, they needed a last minute miracle drive vs. Nevada, and beat Uconn by a touchdown.  AND THAT WAS WITH AN NFL CALIBER QB.   And the second that QB went down the team started getting destroyed by 5 - 7 win teams like Miami, Pitt, and Cincy.  DESTROYED.   If you gave Willie Taggart a QB that averaged a 126 QB ratiing and ran for 400 yards per season, this football team would win 8 games minimum right now with the talent he has added already.   Holtz left this program in worse shape then nearly 20 FCS teams.  Worse bottom feeders like FAU and Temple.   

An F5 tornado essentially just came through and leveled an entire city.   If you really expect that magically in 1 season Taggart will have had every problem resolved and filled every position on the team with a new much better player, then you should just stop watching.  

Couldn't agree more ... CWT may or may not be the answer, but it's sure as Hell too early to tell .... to the rational human being.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Maryland is beatable at home,  "if" we can get DECENT QB play, and avoid turnovers.  

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Maryland is beatable at home,  "if" we can get DECENT QB play, and avoid turnovers.  

FIFY Mama  ;)

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I think we were much worse last year, and we were able to beat a better Cincinnati team that we face Saturday.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Maryland deserves respect, but I think we'll hang with them pretty well. I don't have nearly as many worries about the team as I had last year going into the MSU game. We bring much more game on O, and if our D learned some lessons from last week, I think we'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

He hasn't sat pat.

I still don't think a good chunk of the Bulls fanbase truly grasps just how bad of shape this program was in when Holtz left. In 2012 he had a senior QB in BJ Daniels who was good enough to make an NFL roster for the Super Bowl Champions, and they STILL went 3-9. And during that 3-9 they struggled to beat Chattanooga, they needed a last minute miracle drive vs. Nevada, and beat Uconn by a touchdown. AND THAT WAS WITH AN NFL CALIBER QB. And the second that QB went down the team started getting destroyed by 5 - 7 win teams like Miami, Pitt, and Cincy. DESTROYED. If you gave Willie Taggart a QB that averaged a 126 QB ratiing and ran for 400 yards per season, this football team would win 8 games minimum right now with the talent he has added already. Holtz left this program in worse shape then nearly 20 FCS teams. Worse bottom feeders like FAU and Temple.

An F5 tornado essentially just came through and leveled an entire city. If you really expect that magically in 1 season Taggart will have had every problem resolved and filled every position on the team with a new much better player, then you should just stop watching.

Great post, well said.

If we had a senior Daniels now this team wins a easy 8 games no doubt.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think we were much worse last year, and we were able to beat a better Cincinnati team that we face Saturday.

We didn't beat Cincinnati.  They thoroughly beat themselves.

• Upvote 1