• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow...Maryland getting alot of respect on here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

Would think we were playing the Noles or something......this is still our house!!!! Show up, be loud, stand behind this team we are the 12th man....

I wouldn't call it respect... just the realization that we still suck and Taggart has done nothing over the off-season to make us drastically better.

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it based on how poor we played against WCU. I see us getting maybe 4 wins this season. Which I guess is an improvement from last year, but not the one I was looking for.

you're one of those fans that boo your own team at the first sign of adversity because of your unrealistic expectations, aren't you?

4 wins would double win total from last year.

not sure what a college coach can do to drastically turn a team around in off-season but it does look like he brought in a big time RB to help.

Unrealistic expectations? I'm sorry but when did expecting my DI FBS school to defeat one of the worst teams in DI FCS by more then 14 points become an unrealistic expectation.

I went into this season expecting a total of 6 wins... this also is not unrealistic. 

A coach as touted as Taggart should have no issues getting his squad conditioned enough to best a FCS school, especially the worst one.

Edited by Bane

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

We should have no issues defeating the following schools...

- WCU

- East Carolina

- Tulsa

- Houston

- SMU

- Memphis

Based on what?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We should have no issues defeating the following schools...

- WCU

- East Carolina

- Tulsa

- Houston

- SMU

- Memphis

Based on what?

Because-I-said.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Would think we were playing the Noles or something......this is still our house!!!! Show up, be loud, stand behind this team we are the 12th man....

I wouldn't call it respect... just the realization that we still suck and Taggart has done nothing over the off-season to make us drastically better.

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it based on how poor we played against WCU. I see us getting maybe 4 wins this season. Which I guess is an improvement from last year, but not the one I was looking for.

you're one of those fans that boo your own team at the first sign of adversity because of your unrealistic expectations, aren't you?

not sure what a college coach can do to drastically turn a team around in off-season but it does look like he brought in a big time RB to help.

Unrealistic expectations? I'm sorry but when did expecting my DI FBS school to defeat one of the worst teams in DI FCS by more then 14 points become an unrealistic expectation.

I went into this season expecting a total of 6 wins... this also is not unrealistic.

A coach as touted as Taggart should have no issues getting his squad conditioned enough to best a FCS school, especially the worst one.

Not much difference between worst FCS and FBS team.

Also they could be much improved their coach is in third year and from App state.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

Maryland is beatable at home,  "if" we can get DECENT QB play, and avoid turnovers.  

^^^^This. I don't think people are realizing how bad of a game Mike White had @ about 34% efficiency. If he can trend to his last year number which was close to 53%, then we have a solid chance at winning. Also, I'm sure if he doesn't get his act together midway through the 2nd quarter, Bench will come in. Bench did have a stellar sping game.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

if our qb play doesnt improve we lose get destroyed

maryland is certainly beatable

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

Maryland is beatable at home,  "if" we can get DECENT QB play, and avoid turnovers.

^^^^This. I don't think people are realizing how bad of a game Mike White had @ about 34% efficiency. If he can trend to his last year number which was close to 53%, then we have a solid chance at winning. Also, I'm sure if he doesn't get his act together midway through the 2nd quarter, Bench will come in. Bench did have a stellar sping game.

If he can trend off his second half play of Saturday's game we should be okay in that department ...

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I think we were much worse last year, and we were able to beat a better Cincinnati team that we face Saturday.

We didn't beat Cincinnati. They thoroughly beat themselves.

No disagreement. But that's my point in itself. Maryland certainly is just as likely to do that as Cincinnati was last year. And I don't think they need to make as many mistakes as Cincinnati did given talent level is a lot closer than it was going into that game

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Of course, the 9-26 passing was vs Western Carolina. After that game, I'd be very happy with 53% vs Maryland...very happy indeed. But White's still a little young and needs to settle into game day confidence better. If he does, we'll be in great shape because I thought he made some pretty good reads Sat night--just inaccurate.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I get it. you want style points.

maybe our coaches are more concerned with getting a young team prepared for the conference schedule.

we gave them a garbage TD with under 20 seconds left. big deal.

when the game was on the line, we dominated them. outscored them 27-3 at one stretch.

and again he didn't have any issues getting them conditioned enough to beat a FCS school. we won the game.

and your "expectations" are still within reach.