• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

SportsCenter currently is about to talk about it (11:40AM).  It's two stories away on their list of stories on the left hand side.

What did they say?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

SportsCenter currently is about to talk about it (11:40AM).  It's two stories away on their list of stories on the left hand side.

What did they say?

Tim Tebow went to the mall today. Our story got bumped.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487

What did they say?

Tim Tebow went to the mall today. Our story got bumped.

Aw man. Well, what are his thoughts on the situation? Have the asked Lebron yet?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Overall I just think it's funny people on here would blame Pitino or Louisville.  Pitino has know the kid his whole life why would he expect him to lie about graduating?  He wouldn't. That kid is Pitino's boy so that non back ground check would have happened anywhere I put money on that.  Lax sure but, surprised not one bit.  I heard nothing but great things about the kid from everyone I know.  Awesome coach,hard worker, great recruiter etc.  Guess the kid messed up with the lying obviously.  The surprising part is Manhattan wouldn't do a full background check on their head coach.  I get Pitino backing a kid he knew since he was 8 and people seeing that is good but, a new coach at your school you would think they would do their due dilligence. In the end the stinky ;part I think is USF missed out out an awesome coach, really think he would have had things going down there.

Who cares about Pitino.  He hasn't worked for Pitino in over three years.

This is not about his competence.  I think we all agree he is a great basketball coach, but if he needs a degree for the job he needs to get his degree.  All the whining about it on here won't change the fact that he lied about having his degree.  That is one reason why people are pissed.  We wanted him.  He messed it up.  Not us.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14

Just rehashed what we already knew and showed those Pitino and Jurich quotes.  They did use the terminology that Masiello SIGNED the deal.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

Overall I just think it's funny people on here would blame Pitino or Louisville.  Pitino has know the kid his whole life why would he expect him to lie about graduating?  He wouldn't. That kid is Pitino's boy so that non back ground check would have happened anywhere I put money on that.  Lax sure but, surprised not one bit.  I heard nothing but great things about the kid from everyone I know.  Awesome coach,hard worker, great recruiter etc.  Guess the kid messed up with the lying obviously.  The surprising part is Manhattan wouldn't do a full background check on their head coach.  I get Pitino backing a kid he knew since he was 8 and people seeing that is good but, a new coach at your school you would think they would do their due dilligence. In the end the stinky ;part I think is USF missed out out an awesome coach, really think he would have had things going down there.

Agree 100%. I really wanted this guy. Wish we could have worked it out.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

http://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/blog/index.php/tips-on-becoming-a-college-basketball-coach/

I'm sure if one were to poke around the NCAA.ORG site it might be in black and white there. So, I guess my question would be DO YOU need the degree to coach at D1 or was it lying on the resume that pulled the trigger? And if it is a requirement, would this not also prohibit him from coaching - even back w/Jaspers? 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Yeah, but Betty Castor did not have a PhD, and she became president of USF.  A lot of hay was made about her lack of a PhD, but she was a very effective president at USF.

Rules are made to be bent, especially something as pathetic as no degree.  He has the work experience that makes up for the lack of degree.  Besides, his job title was BB coach, not professor or teaching assistant.

So you consider rules to be obstacles that can be overcome if you really want to.  Got it.  I really hope that if I am ever personally near you, and I make you mad, that there are no sharp objects around. 

Rules = mild suggestions to some.  No excuse for the guy lying, but really, how bright is he?  If he KNOWS most programs require a degree, and he wants to be a big time coach, you find a way to get that degree ASAFP.  Those failures eventually come to roost, as he fully knows now.

Call that University of Phoenix online place and order him up a degree in sociology or something else easy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14

More USF on Sportscenter coming up, including a live interview with McMurphy.

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

How does a WALK ON not have a degree. That is so perplexing.

Seen it while I was at USF.