• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

On 98.7 this morning, Jim talked to his source at USF and said that he believed that a degree is required to coach at any public university in Florida because of state law.

Basically, USF had no choice but to rescind the offer.  

Masiello would have been a great coach, but at the end of the day, we should win and follow the rules.  I would have preferred that we found this earlier, but USF has made the right choice.  

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

On 98.7 this morning, Jim talked to his source at USF and said that he believed that a degree is required to coach at any public university in Florida because of state law.

Masiello would have been a great coach, but at the end of the day, we should win and follow the rules. I would have preferred that we found this earlier, but USF has made the right choice.

USF is having a press conference today to explain what happened and why a background check wasn't conducted prior to the job offer.

Should be entertaining...

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471

At Louisville did we miss it sure I guess?  Only thing is for one he was an assistant and for 2 Pitino has known the kid since he was 8 so if he tells coach P he graduated Im sure he believed him.  Why wouldn't he? You have to have a degree to be a coach or asst at Louisville as well but, I'm sure they bypassed that being the personal relationship Pitino had with him.  What is weird is I guess Manhattan did no background checks at all.  He was hired to be their head coach.  I mean nothing?

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Masiello would have been a great coach, but at the end of the day, we should win and follow the rules.  I would have preferred that we found this earlier, but USF has made the right choice.  

But what about my heart! I woke up --and then went insane. Now, I'm exhausted emotionally. And it's just 10:00am!

I am suing USF for emotional and physical (my heart!) damages! :wacko:

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Masiello would have been a great coach, but at the end of the day, we should win and follow the rules. I would have preferred that we found this earlier, but USF has made the right choice.

USF is having a press conference today to explain what happened and why a background check wasn't conducted prior to the job offer.

Should be entertaining...

I hope they have the point main for the search firm answer questions.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Yeah, but Betty Castor did not have a PhD, and she became president of USF.  A lot of hay was made about her lack of a PhD, but she was a very effective president at USF.

Rules are made to be bent, especially something as pathetic as no degree.  He has the work experience that makes up for the lack of degree.  Besides, his job title was BB coach, not professor or teaching assistant.

You could argue that a degree isn't needed to coach (except by rule), but you can't argue that lying on your resume' is ok.  Even Pitino was stunned to find that out, as are his prior employers, who have some egg on their faces as well.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

At Louisville did we miss it sure I guess?  Only thing is for one he was an assistant and for 2 Pitino has known the kid since he was 8 so if he tells coach P he graduated Im sure he believed him.  Why wouldn't he? You have to have a degree to be a coach or asst at Louisville as well but, I'm sure they bypassed that being the personal relationship Pitino had with him.  What is weird is I guess Manhattan did no background checks at all.  He was hired to be their head coach.  I mean nothing?

So if he would lie to Pitino...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386

@abcactionnews: RT @tkorunwfts: USF to hold news conference this afternoon to explain why background info on Masiello was not completed before signing

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Yeah, but Betty Castor did not have a PhD, and she became president of USF.  A lot of hay was made about her lack of a PhD, but she was a very effective president at USF.

Rules are made to be bent, especially something as pathetic as no degree.  He has the work experience that makes up for the lack of degree.  Besides, his job title was BB coach, not professor or teaching assistant.

So you consider rules to be obstacles that can be overcome if you really want to.  Got it.  I really hope that if I am ever personally near you, and I make you mad, that there are no sharp objects around. 

Rules = mild suggestions to some.  No excuse for the guy lying, but really, how bright is he?  If he KNOWS most programs require a degree, and he wants to be a big time coach, you find a way to get that degree ASAFP.  Those failures eventually come to roost, as he fully knows now.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

@abcactionnews: RT @tkorunwfts: USF to hold news conference this afternoon to explain why background info on Masiello was not completed before signing

Oh, boy, this seems like it's something to cover the lawsuit: breach of (signed) contract.

Just lovely. Yay!