• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Just listened to Brett being interviewed by Linda Cohn.  Brett didn't rip USF at all.  Said that it is quite normal to identify your top candidate and then do the full check.

There is nothing to rip.   If anything people on the outside looking in should feel bad for us.   We are dying for a decent basketball coach and the second we are about to have one, this crap happens.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

UL did not hire him as a head coach. Its Manhattan that has egg on their face.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

It'll be too bad for the guy if it turns out to be a strange oversight on his part or UK's part. Seems everyone was standing by to either rip USF or rip him. We should all wait to find out what exactly happened here before jumping to the conclusion the guy is on O'Liar's level. He was confirmed to be at UK for 4 years or so, but it's just a weird situation and I'm glad USF bailed. I hope he's vindicated if it was an oversight, he's clearly a capable coach.

This kinda how I feel. Something doesn't seem right. I don't understand how a guy who is there for four years and makes academic lists wasn't at least near graduation. I'm willing to listen and hear his side of things. There has been enough assumptions, already.

If Masiello is willing to give his side of things, I'm more than willing to hear him out.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Jim Rome just talked about the situation. Pretty much ripping Masiello for being an idiot and nothing bad said about USF. Mentioned a few times that you can't get away with that sort of thing after O'Leary got caught.

I had a bad feeling when this broke last night that we were going to look like a bunch of fools, and instead we actually come out looking pretty good. It will be interesting to see what happened with Masiello's degree. Missed by one class? Never applied for graduation? Not even close to graduation?

I know. Since some people think that it should be so easy for one to obtain those records, as the search firm supposedly should have, someone should call the UK registrar's office, find out and show everyone how incompetent, the search firm is.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It'll be too bad for the guy if it turns out to be a strange oversight on his part or UK's part. Seems everyone was standing by to either rip USF or rip him. We should all wait to find out what exactly happened here before jumping to the conclusion the guy is on O'Liar's level. He was confirmed to be at UK for 4 years or so, but it's just a weird situation and I'm glad USF bailed. I hope he's vindicated if it was an oversight, he's clearly a capable coach.

This kinda how I feel. Something doesn't seem right. I don't understand how a guy who is there for four years and makes academic lists wasn't at least near graduation. I'm willing to listen and hear his side of things. There has been enough assumptions, already.

If Masiello is willing to give his side of things, I'm more than willing to hear him out.

I want to hear what happened also. If he wants to tell his side I will listen. Something seems weird.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

People may want to listen, but his relationship with USF is over. Which SUCKS...this was a fantastic hire....

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Joey from the Times just put out USF's statement:

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls

"During the search for a new men's basketball coach, an agreement in principle was reached by USF and Steve Masiello. The agreement was pending a verification of credentials. Through the verification process it was determined the candidate's credentials could not be substantiated and therefore he did not meet the requirements for the position. The national search continues and USF looks forward to introducing a new coach at the appropriate time."

That's actually a pretty well worded statement. Our new AD's touch may be evident already in that things are getting properly edited before being released...

Go Bulls!!

People may want to listen, but his relationship with USF is over. Which SUCKS...this was a fantastic hire....

Definitely sucks for us -- I think he would have done well here. If it turns out to be an honest mistake on his part (even if its due to dumb negligence), he'll be fine in the long run. People love a redemption story.

• Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

The only way the relationship isn't over is if it was just some stupid oversight by Kentucky.   If that is the case then I could see the two sides still working it out, but otherwise it's done.

That's actually a pretty well worded statement. Our new AD's touch may be evident already in that things are getting properly edited before being released...

Go Bulls!!

I thought it was handled pretty well. It wasn't mean, reactive, or vindictive... just short and sweet statement of facts worded in a way to absolve USF of any possible wrongdoing if taken at face value. I hope it's a sign of Harlan's touch, as well.