• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Occam's razor suggests that many moons ago he lied on his resume and it wasn't until now that he got caught. He's probably humiliated right now, as he should be. If there's a more complicated reason for the oversight and he's genuinely innocent, one would think he'd be talking about it right now to McMurphy. Crickets.

Edited by TallyBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I would think the spokesman from Kentucky likely had every opportunity to clear up confusion. I would think USF got enough information to warrant their decision and statement.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

USF is not known for such perfect statements. Wow. I am impressed.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Jim Rome just talked about the situation. Pretty much ripping Masiello for being an idiot and nothing bad said about USF. Mentioned a few times that you can't get away with that sort of thing after O'Leary got caught.

I had a bad feeling when this broke last night that we were going to look like a bunch of fools, and instead we actually come out looking pretty good. It will be interesting to see what happened with Masiello's degree. Missed by one class? Never applied for graduation? Not even close to graduation?

I know. Since some people think that it should be so easy for one to obtain those records, as the search firm supposedly should have, someone should call the UK registrar's office, find out and show everyone how incompetent, the search firm is.

College registrar offices can be a huge pain in the ass sometimes.  When I went to HCC it was frustrating and disorganized to the point where you would have to wait litterally 9 - 12 months just for them to post transfer credits from another college (This was 2011).   Luckily USF is much more organized.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

People may want to listen, but his relationship with USF is over. Which SUCKS...this was a fantastic hire....

The only way the relationship isn't over is if it was just some stupid oversight by Kentucky.   If that is the case then I could see the two sides still working it out, but otherwise it's done.

"Oh? Masiello! Our bad. We thought you said Marsala! Yeah, Masiello's got like... idk... 12 degrees from here. Crazy amount of degrees. Sorry about that."

If it turns out to be a Kentucky goof... man... heads will roll somewhere, as they should.

I just wanted to throw out there that I feel bad for Harlan right now.   The guy wasn't even supposed to start for another few weeks and he already has to deal with something like this.   Hopefully everything works out and he still can find a great coach.

People may want to listen, but his relationship with USF is over. Which SUCKS...this was a fantastic hire....

The only way the relationship isn't over is if it was just some stupid oversight by Kentucky.   If that is the case then I could see the two sides still working it out, but otherwise it's done.

"Oh? Masiello! Our bad. We thought you said Marsala! Yeah, Masiello's got like... idk... 12 degrees from here. Crazy amount of degrees. Sorry about that."

If it turns out to be a Kentucky goof... man... heads will roll somewhere, as they should.

LMAO. Maybe Beavis and Butthead were running the Registrar office the day USF's search firm called.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

Francesa is now talking Masiello on Fox Sports1.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Hahahaha so awesome! "Crazy amount of degrees."

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think we have ever had people talk about USF basketball so much on national TV, MIKE & MIKE in the morning were even talking about it.