• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

He will clear this up and next year he will get a better coaching gig than our job.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So I have to ask this.

Did he himself know that he never officially graduated?

The Manhattan press release basically said he was on leave to work through the degree issue with Kentucky. Maybe he didn't. It will be interesting to hear full story. Seems like Manhattan is giving him a chance.

On a related note, my college roommate thought he had graduated from USF. He got his dream job at Dean Witter only to be fired three weeks later when USF said he did not graduate. They had hung him out over some monetary fees, parking I think.

He had walked in graduation and everything. Parents, family all were there.

After getting fired he paid the fees and became a graduate.

Turned out good, he decided to go to law school instead of back to work.

I had a friend that had the same thing happen to him at FSU.  He paid his ticket and moved on.  I almost had the same thing happen but I did my due diligence and ran a degree audit before leaving USF.  Just go to the registrar and it's a simple process and it will turn up any small discrepancies that you may not know about or forgot about. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

New York Post:

INDIANAPOLIS – Steve Masiello’s future – and a final decision on his coaching status – with Manhattan could be determined by the end of the week, according to a source familiar with the situation.

According to one source, Masiello believed he had graduated — having attended the school from 1996 to 2000, as a walk-on with the Wildcats — with the current predicament stemming from a paperwork problem involving two online classes and an independent study course, which Masiello failed to properly submit as a senior. Masiello was expected to be in contact with the University of Kentucky Registrar’s Office on Thursday.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/27/manhattan-officials-split-on-masiellos-future-decision-soon/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

New York Post:

INDIANAPOLIS – Steve Masiello’s future – and a final decision on his coaching status – with Manhattan could be determined by the end of the week, according to a source familiar with the situation.

According to one source, Masiello believed he had graduated — having attended the school from 1996 to 2000, as a walk-on with the Wildcats — with the current predicament stemming from a paperwork problem involving two online classes and an independent study course, which Masiello failed to properly submit as a senior. Masiello was expected to be in contact with the University of Kentucky Registrar’s Office on Thursday.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/27/manhattan-officials-split-on-masiellos-future-decision-soon/

This would suck worse, from our standpoint, than him lying about it ....

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

still doesn't add up

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I like the guy a lot and I hope he works it all out and saves his career.

But I always thought people want that paper after all those classes. I never attended any graduations after high school but I made sure to get the papers that verified my graduations. This is right up there with one's driver's license, passport and wedding ring, etc. Apparently, it's not that important for everyone, though!

Do any of you Bulls have no clue where your diploma is right now?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

New York Post:

Man oh man, that's underwhelming...

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

I like the guy a lot and I hope he works it all out and saves his career.

But I always thought people want that paper after all those classes. I never attended any graduations after high school but I made sure to get the papers that verified my graduations. This is right up there with one's driver's license, passport and wedding ring, etc. Apparently, it's not that important for everyone, though!

Do any of you Bulls have no clue where your diploma is right now?

if they don't, I bet they'll be looking for it.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

New York Post:

Indeed! If this is true, it's nice to hear he wasn't aware he was lying at the very least. So it shouldn't really hurt his career. As for how can people not follow up with graduating, I can absolutely believe that slip up. I have witnessed quite a few people just assume they graduated, without going through the motions of verifying it is official!! There are some who consider if they walk, they are graduated and forget all about receiving the diploma in the mail.

This is a very irresponsible stance, but to be honest, quite a few people who graduate college still act like kids.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

New York Post:

Indeed! If this is true, it's nice to hear he wasn't aware he was lying at the very least. So it shouldn't really hurt his career. As for how can people not follow up with graduating, I can absolutely believe that slip up. I have witnessed quite a few people just assume they graduated, without going through the motions of verifying it is official!! There are some who consider if they walk, they are graduated and forget all about receiving the diploma in the mail.

This is a very irresponsible stance, but to be honest, quite a few people who graduate college still act like kids.

If true, what hurts the most is that we didn't allow him to finish his credits and graduate from USF - 'cause we just lost us a hell of a coach.

That's why this stuff needs to stay behind closed doors until all the options are discussed.

Edited by charsibb