• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Search Firm Chosen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

They are doing what they were paid to do. They were doing their due diligence on behalf of the school.

It was up to the USF brass to make any decisions based on on the information presented.

If it turns out to be something major they may have saved us in the long run. If it is something minor then it is the USF decision makers that are thin skinned idiots.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

They are doing what they were paid to do. They were doing their due diligence on behalf of the school.

It was up to the USF brass to make any decisions based on on the information presented.

If it turns out to be something major they may have saved us in the long run. If it is something minor then it is the USF decision makers that are thin skinned idiots.

Kind of looks like, from how this is playing out, that they DIDN'T do their diligence actually... but I guess that remains to be seen.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Kind of looks like, from how this is playing out, that they DIDN'T do their diligence actually... but I guess that remains to be seen.

I hope we weren't paying them to do THIS

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

According to the article, the search firm is the one that found the derogatory information. How is that not doing their due diligence?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

As a university that participates in athletics sometimes you have to take a shade of slime to get your program rolling.

On outside this guy had the perfect mix of choir boy, tough guy, genius, task master, and sleaze ball. So pissed right now.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

As a university that participates in athletics sometimes you have to take a shade of slime to get your program rolling.

On outside this guy had the perfect mix of choir boy, tough guy, genius, task master, and sleaze ball. So pissed right now.

Kinda agree. Unless he was CEO of Puppy Drowning Inc, I don't really mind. I'll have to reserve judgment as I have no idea what they unearthed, but I can't imagine it was so deplorable that I couldn't excuse it.

Edited by Raetus

According to the article, the search firm is the one that found the derogatory information. How is that not doing their due diligence?

You are right - I guess my thought is that they should have vetted him at any point before this... before he was submitted for consideration, before he was formally interviewed, before USF decided on him, before the contract was signed... anything, really. If the only thing this company does is literally pass a list of names currently coaching basketball to the president or AD, I can do that for a lot cheaper.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If that's the issue, then there are two huge problems:

1. HOW could that not be caught earlier?! It was public knowledge that you could find through Googling his name.

2. If a relatively minor civil lawsuit is the worst skeleton in this guy's closet then he is probably one of the cleanest guys available and we are gonna have a hard time finding ANYONE.

So to me it seems awfully hard to believe that the derby deal is an issue. This is USF though...

Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 28m

#USF has confirmed it again will retain the firm @EastmanBeaudine to conduct its search for a men's hoops coach.

Why? don't we have a HR Dept on Campus?

Its not rocket science as to what makes a good coach... search firms are pointless because all they do is pull from a small list of people that are within these small candidate pools, which candidates have to pay to be part of...

Lets see the results of using a search firm... I also like how we only interviewed one person for the job. To me that doesn't sound like they are serious about finding a replacement, just a warm body to fill the void.

Edited by Bubba Bull