• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Search Firm Chosen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Who ever we get as long as the last name is Amaker, Manning, or White. I will be happy. If it is Howland or Kennedy we will be looking again in about four seasons.

I am okay with a great coach leaving us in 4 years because they did so awesome.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Holy crap!! You guys will complain about anything. Companies of all sizes use search firms, recruiters, etc. It allows candidates to be vetted and allows for the parties to be discrete about it. If Harlan flew to Marquette or Wichita for example, or if candidates flew to Tampa, the media would be all over it.

Oh so it has NOTHING to do with the fact that the same firm endorsed Harlan...

Is it at least marginally possible they do a decent job and we, as a school, had a good working relationship?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The dictating by some on who USF NEEDS to hire is eye opening.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

A nice selection of cheeses are on their way

Good. We supply the whine.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

Holy crap!! You guys will complain about anything. Companies of all sizes use search firms, recruiters, etc. It allows candidates to be vetted and allows for the parties to be discrete about it. If Harlan flew to Marquette or Wichita for example, or if candidates flew to Tampa, the media would be all over it.

Is it at least marginally possible they do a decent job and we, as a school, had a good working relationship?

If a search firm picked someone as awesome as me for a job, I'd sure as hell use them ...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If a search firm picked someone as awesome as me for a job, I'd sure as hell use them ...

Would USF get a refund on that?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  19

What a f*cken waste of money. The best candidate was hired today while USF was blowing cash and time looking for a f'en search firm. Seriously? I want to shoot myself 100 times over when it comes to how our athletic department handles affairs. Do these people even live in the real world? Jesus F'en Christ. It's appalling how far we've fallen in the past seven years in multiple sports. In the real world, people would've been fired. Disgusted. 

And what about this quote from an athletic department that gets things done:

Jacobs said with the move "we have raised the bar for Auburn basketball." He addressed the off-the-court issues in an open letter posted on the school's Web site and again later, saying he wouldn't have hired Pearl if he didn't think the coach was remorseful.

"After looking at the case and talking to Coach Pearl face to face, I am convinced without a doubt that he has learned from his mistake," Jacobs wrote.

"I've thought about this a great deal, and obviously so has Coach Pearl. I believe people who are genuine and sincere deserve second chances. If I did not believe Coach Pearl's apologies were sincere and heartfelt, I would not have even considered him."

What a f*cken waste of money. The best candidate was hired today while USF was blowing cash and time looking for a f'en search firm. Seriously? I want to shoot myself 100 times over when it comes to how our athletic department handles affairs. Do these people even live in the real world? Jesus F'en Christ. It's appalling how far we've fallen in the past seven years in multiple sports. In the real world, people would've been fired. Disgusted. 

And what about this quote from an athletic department that gets things done:

Jacobs said with the move "we have raised the bar for Auburn basketball." He addressed the off-the-court issues in an open letter posted on the school's Web site and again later, saying he wouldn't have hired Pearl if he didn't think the coach was remorseful.

"After looking at the case and talking to Coach Pearl face to face, I am convinced without a doubt that he has learned from his mistake," Jacobs wrote.

"I've thought about this a great deal, and obviously so has Coach Pearl. I believe people who are genuine and sincere deserve second chances. If I did not believe Coach Pearl's apologies were sincere and heartfelt, I would not have even considered him."

USF sent out a letter too. It said, "Give it a few weeks, we've got something underwhelming planned thats going to be safe and cost efficient. Also, we haven't heard back from some of you about buying season tickets, whats the wait?"

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If in need, how does one go about searching for a search firm? Are there companies that do that?

http://bit.ly/1ahjktR