• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  1

I wrote this season off a year ago when we signed Tags. I like him far more than Skip and let's be honest the program Skip left to Tags was a fricking mess. Minimal high level talent and probably some character concerns too. With new staff and a new system I'm willing to give Willie T some time. He needs to find the right players for his scheme.

This season hurts but I do think we'll see a turnaround in recruiting and in quality of play. If UCF can be successful there's little doubt USF can as well. Step off the ledge, the good news is theres nowhere to go but up...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

Taggart is not the only coach struggling with his new team....Sonny Dykes was awesome at La Tech right?? Well he is at Cal and they are 1-9 right now.

Dave Doeren from BCS Northern Illinois now at NC State?? 3-7 this season.

Brett Bielema from Wisconsin and now at Arkansas? 3-7 this season

Stoops at Kentucky? 2-8 this season

Darrell Hazell from Kent St and now at Purdue? 1-9 this year.

The only coach I can think of that made chicken soup out of chicken $h!t is Malzahn at Auburn. But he had familiarity with the team as he recruited most of them as OC there just 2 years ago.

All of the above were considered good hires. Maybe give them a little time to work out the problems?? Or fire all of them?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Anyone calling for Taggart's head right now is an idiot.

That being said, the number of mistakes and penalties are concerning.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

Reality Check Time: 

We had a 4 year starting QB last year, a stable of experienced RB's, and had a coach in the third year of implementing his system, and that team somehow wound up 3-9 losing to Ball State and Temple and got outscored 94-22 over its last 3 games.  We were a VERY VERY BAD team last year.  

That very very bad team lost its 4 year starting QB with no ready replacement, lost its top 3 rushers, lost 5 of its top 9 receivers and lost its two best players on defense.  How did we expect this team to be somehow better?

Its one thing to be positive and wear green and gold glasses at the beginning of the year when things are unknown (I know I was), its a whole other thing to continue to be delusional after watching this team play 9 games.  The talent level left here was not only horrible, but the work ethic and drive instilled in the players was horrific.  Its takes more than one offseason and 9 games to work those things out.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Reality Check Time: 

We had a 4 year starting QB last year, a stable of experienced RB's, and had a coach in the third year of implementing his system, and that team somehow wound up 3-9 losing to Ball State and Temple and got outscored 94-22 over its last 3 games.  We were a VERY VERY BAD team last year.  

That very very bad team lost its 4 year starting QB with no ready replacement, lost its top 3 rushers, lost 5 of its top 9 receivers and lost its two best players on defense.  How did we expect this team to be somehow better?

Its one thing to be positive and wear green and gold glasses at the beginning of the year when things are unknown (I know I was), its a whole other thing to continue to be delusional after watching this team play 9 games.  The talent level left here was not only horrible, but the work ethic and drive instilled in the players was horrific.  Its takes more than one offseason and 9 games to work those things out.  

Good post... it is a miracle we have two wins this year.  Three would be awesome.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Yes to the lack of talent argument. Yes to all of that...

My frustration is that the play-calling and the offensive intangibles seem to completely miss the boat on the progress and development of this team.

I mean how is the current offense different than the team that lost the first game of the season? Where are the improvements? I think the offensive coaching staff people are clueless.

And I don't see how the future is going to change in the next season.

This is what is driving me bonkers.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

USF had 1st and goal on 2 separate occasions I believe. They convert those 2 opportunities and this thread doesn't exist....right?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart is not the only coach struggling with his new team....Sonny Dykes was awesome at La Tech right?? Well he is at Cal and they are 1-9 right now.

Dave Doeren from BCS Northern Illinois now at NC State?? 3-7 this season.

Brett Bielema from Wisconsin and now at Arkansas? 3-7 this season

Stoops at Kentucky? 2-8 this season

Darrell Hazell from Kent St and now at Purdue? 1-9 this year.

The only coach I can think of that made chicken soup out of chicken $h!t is Malzahn at Auburn. But he had familiarity with the team as he recruited most of them as OC there just 2 years ago.

All of the above were considered good hires. Maybe give them a little time to work out the problems?? Or fire all of them?

good post thank you

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Reality Check Time:

We had a 4 year starting QB last year, a stable of experienced RB's, and had a coach in the third year of implementing his system, and that team somehow wound up 3-9 losing to Ball State and Temple and got outscored 94-22 over its last 3 games. We were a VERY VERY BAD team last year.

That very very bad team lost its 4 year starting QB with no ready replacement, lost its top 3 rushers, lost 5 of its top 9 receivers and lost its two best players on defense. How did we expect this team to be somehow better?

Its one thing to be positive and wear green and gold glasses at the beginning of the year when things are unknown (I know I was), its a whole other thing to continue to be delusional after watching this team play 9 games. The talent level left here was not only horrible, but the work ethic and drive instilled in the players was horrific. Its takes more than one offseason and 9 games to work those things out.

Good post... it is a miracle we have two wins this year. Three would be awesome.

I agree; good post

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Some good posts here at the end. Patience and a slice if humble pie for now is the order.