• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has UCF already left us in the dust?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Let's wait until UCF actually beats us before throwing in the towel

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Got a feeling that this will become a long thread.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I seriously don't understand our fans sometimes. 

They are up, we are down. It happens. It isn't the end of the world. USF made a bad hire and we are paying for it. Hopefully Taggart is the guy to bring USF to where we were (and higher).

However, isn't the plan for USF to build an indoor practice facility next? And, I could certainly be wrong, but the last time I looked, USF was ranked higher academically by a few schools. It has been a long time since I saw the stats on that though.

USF has had a couple bad seasons and lost a lot of the momentum of our move to the Big East, but with a few 8+ win seasons we could get it back.

Finally, this team is still fighting to become bowl eligible. I truly think 5-6 wins is possible after seeing White play.

Edited by emrober5

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

No - USF has only fallen back into the dust where UCF was waiting. UCF looks to be climbing out so it will be interesting to see where these two programs are a couple years from now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  6

They cheated there way to their current record.  They are having a better year as a result of said cheating.  They have overextended financial for a lot of those other things you mentioned - just to get where we already are.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

Seriously ?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

USF will have a great football team in 3-4 years. We will be better than UCF. I have faith in Taggart and faith in our team. Who knows we might win in a few weeks. Don't forget the record is still 4-0. Us losing one time does not mean anything. If USF had played in UCF'c conference at the same time USF would have more championships, but the BE was better and more competitive than CUSA. USF also has way more key wins; FSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Auburn, Kansas, and Clemson.

We have a better soccer, baseball, softball, and equally talented basketball teams. 

USF just packed the campus full of impressive new facilities, buildings, and amenities. It's continuing to grow. 

USF beats UCF in many academic polls and they were recently tied as having the most successful graduates from all Florida universities. 

Grad success: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/10/florida-university-rankings_n_4078653.html

USF's medical school and research facilities and results topple UCF's. USF has a better educational and business college as well. At the end of the day it's truly what the academics say about a school. 

Either way it is ALL relative. Just look at how bad UM, FSU, and UF have been and then look at how great they have been? All three were literally some of the worst football teams in the country at certain points but then all could argue and say they each had the best CFB football team of all time. For all you know USF will be a national power in 10-15 years. 

But you all wait. When I am super rich I'll donate a ton of money to USF's athletics and make us the new Oregon. 

I agree with you in general.  But UCF soccer is better this season, and I think we will quickly prove that USF basketball is much better this season.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Most shortsighted idea ever. Someone said earlier, Louisville has left us in the dust legitimately. That would be like saying Houston had left Us in the dust if they had won the conference, it's ridiculous to make an assumption that a program is ahead of another based on one season of better success.

Especially a season that isn't completed, and a program that has never beaten the one that it has supposedly now left in the dust.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

Seriously ?

No ...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Here is the answer: 4-0 and 5-0

4-0 - our past. More accomplished than UCF.

Anyone know what the 5-0 is for.

Our today. UCF is 5-0 vs. USF this fall, If they beat us in football, then it will be 6-0.

I don't think they have left us in the dust, but today they are certainly ahead of us. Which is why conference expansion where we are a package with UCF good. All other conference expansion could destroy us.