• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has UCF already left us in the dust?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Feel like I have dust on me...but then, I live in the dusty desert.  I hope it's that.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

We are just down right now. It will be fine. Dont forget that UCF has started a football program way before USF has started theirs. In our short time we are 4-0 against them with more impressive wins. We beat two of the BIG 3 in Florida. All it took for UCF was a little luck to get into the same conference with us. Also, Leavitt getting fired helped UCF close the gap so to speak. But when you look at the big picture. It was USF that started the program in 1997 and blew right past UCF. Too bad a lot of people seem to forget how young we are compared to UCF. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

I thought that was the case as well... ESPN though is indicating otherwise.

Where?

Like has been said, for this year, the AAC champ is an auto qualifier, probably headed to the Sugar or Fiesta Bowl. If Fresno or NIU can get and stay at 12 or higher, the higher ranked one becomes an AQ. If either are ranked 13-16 AND the AAC champ is ranked lower, then that one would become an AQ .... but only one team from a non-AQ conference will go. That would be the highest ranked one if they both meet the requirements just outlined.

Probably didn't explain that well but here's  the info ...  http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=4819597

wait--- did ESPN stop talking about Incognito bullying for a moment to talk about something else?

probably from Kirk Herbstreit who can't quite grasp what the heck is going on in general.

AAC has an auto bid for the champion-- period. ESPN may like to lump UCF in with the other non-BCS teams because it devalues the conference they cannot stand (Big East/AAC). It has been like this since Miami and Va Tech jumped ship years ago.

as for the original premise of this thread--- three things:

1) don't really care about UCF

2) this is how things go in life-- sometimes you are up, we happen to be down

3) harken back to 2007 and think about how UCF must have felt then? I wonder if they were freaking out about it.

all we can do as a school and fan base is put our best foot forward and keep trying to get better. Fearing that we aren't keeping up with so and so university is completely useless imo. We can only control what we have in front of us.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

Ucf has the better football team this year. It will be interesting to see which program will be better in the next few years. I believe that with the recruits cwt is bringing in will turn this football team around. Give them credit for winning games where they were down big and stopping opponents at the end of games.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We said the same thing about us and them 4-5 years ago. You coul have also said the same about FSU and Florida. College football will forever be cyclical. One day we'll be back on top and they below us.

That being said, it sucks that they're probably going to a BCS Bowl.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Did Vandy leave UF in the dust?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt and ads are to blame for this

we should never have stopped playing them

orlando school did this while use had the bcs advantage

disgraceful

laevitt couldnt recruit bcs talent and when he left 

he left the cupboard bare for holtz who coulndt recruit either

now we lost bcs status and coach t is now in a deep hole

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  3

I'm pretty sure, to most people (not alums, not fans) the two are more or less interchangeable. It's not like we lit it up (go back and look at the numbers) and it's not like they set the world on fire either.  I have full faith and confidence that this is the year that UCF gets some payback.  I'm not sure winning a football game constitutes leaving someone 'in the dust'. They're having a good year, we're coming off two abysmal years. Pretty sure that doesn't define the program as a whole.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Ugh.

This is the most asinine OP I've seen in quite awhile, and that's saying something...

Academically, UCF isn't even in the same discussion as USF. I implore you to look at the research expenditures and university endowments. We pummel them worse than the 64-12 beat down we used to give them. This is an area less prone to capturing "lightning in a bottle". It's an area we have a significant gap and an area where we're closing the gap on larger schools, while leaving others in the dust. Hell, we're only behind UF in research expenditures and only behind UF/FSU in endowments (this info doesn't include private schools like Miami).

Athletically, it's a different story that I'm disappointed I cannot easily refute without sounding like them a few years ago. Here it is anyway.. 2013 UCF is what 2007 USF would've been had our conference been missing - or just not scheduled us against - a strong Cincinnati, Rutgers, etc. They beat Louisville, and essentially have a schedule we would've slept through and by that I mean until Holtz we never lost to a non-AQ team while in the BE. All UCF is playing sans Louisville is last year non-AQ teams and the worst Rutgers, UConn teams in a decade.

I won't be surprised if we improve enough to steal the game in UCF later this year, maybe even spoiling their BCS bid.

But, if we don't they better cherish the moments because it won't last.

we are only talking athletically

orlando school will put a whooping on usf

hope white doesnt get hurt

• Downvote 1