• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh Please Can We Have Wally Back!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

The USF secondary is young and adapting to the new style of defense that Bresnahan  and Cooper are deploying. Offenses are supplementing running with shorter passes which keep LBs, DEs and Ss at bay.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

The D cannot hang with speedy, pass first offenses. We have been hurting at CB position for years now including Leavitt's last years...

:o

Mistral Raymond

Nate Allen

Trae Williams

Mike Jenkins

Jerome Murphy

We had the talent but the coaching or depth was lacking. There was no reason we shouldn't have been better during the years Allen, Williams and Jenkins were here. We had two CB's that were drafted in the first three rounds and we still lost what 4-5 games.

Sigh...maybe u could go back and read my post.

While I do agree with u on some of the points, they are bit unrelated to what I wrote. Never said we did not have good DBs under Leavitt...

Well even if you're going to narrow your scope to leavitt's last two years...He still had Nate Allen, Kayvon Webster, Quenton Washington, Jerome Murphy. If you're going to be picky yes we dropped off in talent but we weren't hurting per se

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

You can really tell as the season goes on, that the Skip funk is slowly leaving the Defense.  We are opportunistic, but we still have a ways to go.  No since in canning Bresnahan just yet.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

The defensive is much stronger than last season, IMHO. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Younger and we are getting better

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Tackling problem that I saw in the game was two senior DB's. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Wally is 71 years old and coaches an Iowa State defense that is ranked #116 in the country.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Look, Bulls...

We have NFL people coaching the defense, and we can't even stop Houston... Houston.

What does that tell you?

Blame Holtz if you want to blame anybody.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Look, Bulls...

We have NFL people coaching the defense, and we can't even stop Houston... Houston.

What does that tell you?

Blame Holtz if you want to blame anybody.

It tells me there's a reason they're not coaching in the NFL anymore.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I think people fail to realize McNeese State had a four year starting QB picking every one of our formations apart in the first game of the season - and the DC for McCheeseburger State was on Taggart's staff the previous season at WKU - you might say he understood the big picture of what we would be doing. Ask the University of Pittsburgh what Marquel Blackwell did to them in 2001 entering his third season of play as a starter. Michigan State was lucky to survive their game against us. It was a battle of who had the worse QB's. Unfortunately, we did. FAU - same thing. Terrible QB play killed us. Louisville and Miami are no brainers - seasoned QB's will roll us. Houston is a different team altogether. Their freshman QB has eight games under his belt - starting the last seven. His play dropped off considerably this week even though he was an efficiency nightmare against us. He threw for 100 yards less against us than he did in either of his last two games. He showed maturity making multiple audibles at the line and he didn't always focus on his first option when going down the field (which says something about our defense playing tight D). They dinked and dunked on a lot of short passes throughout the game. Think about it - he completed 22 passes and averaged 11.95 yards per completion. That is his worst yards per completion all season for the games he started with the exception of the second game of the season for Houston (his first start as a true frosh). Things aren't as bad as they appear. We missed a lot of tackles behind the LOS and just North of the LOS. That will happen from time to time - and let's be honest, the defense was fatigued after playing 40+ minutes on the field versus Louisville on Saturday. Games like that will take a toll on a player. See my comments on the Thursday night thread about the AAC being dolts for how they schedule Thursday night games. Myself... I'm looking forward to the UCF game. We're not as bad as our record indicates IF (and that's a big IF) Mike White can play as well as he did versus Houston. Things will get shored up on offense real quick and the running lanes will open for Marcus Shaw. Just my two cents.

• Upvote 2