• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh Please Can We Have Wally Back!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

he doesn't have to play that good if shaw will open up for some runs.  against ucf he will have to be that good.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

thank goodness jim and wally are gone

those 2 won nothing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

The D cannot hang with speedy, pass first offenses. We have been hurting at CB position for years now including Leavitt's last years...

:o

Mistral Raymond

Nate Allen

Trae Williams

Mike Jenkins

Jerome Murphy

We had the talent but the coaching or depth was lacking. There was no reason we shouldn't have been better during the years Allen, Williams and Jenkins were here. We had two CB's that were drafted in the first three rounds and we still lost what 4-5 games.

Sigh...maybe u could go back and read my post.

While I do agree with u on some of the points, they are bit unrelated to what I wrote. Never said we did not have good DBs under Leavitt...

Well even if you're going to narrow your scope to leavitt's last two years...He still had Nate Allen, Kayvon Webster, Quenton Washington, Jerome Murphy. If you're going to be picky yes we dropped off in talent but we weren't hurting per se
Note being picky just accurate, and its on you if you make a :o to my comment ;) Of the orginal list you provided only one was a true CB and J. Murphy was great. Remember the Baker- Butler combo? It was not pretty after being spoiled by lock down CBs in Williams and Jenkins. Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

Big Chuck has done a good job at getting the defense back up to par. The last few seasons under Holtz were terrible

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The USF secondary is young and adapting to the new style of defense that Bresnahan  and Cooper are deploying. Offenses are supplementing running with shorter passes which keep LBs, DEs and Ss at bay.

Perhaps at Corner, but we have two Sr. Safeties.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

The USF secondary is young and adapting to the new style of defense that Bresnahan  and Cooper are deploying. Offenses are supplementing running with shorter passes which keep LBs, DEs and Ss at bay.

And Mark Joyce is terrible so...

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i have no problem with Bres so far

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

One thing that Leavitt was incredible at was identifying talent, evaluating that talent, and putting those players in a position to succeed. That was evident at how quickly he made our program relevant and also by taking players that others didn't want, changing their positions, etc.

George Selvie a 1 star Offensive Line recruit with 0 D1 offers until Leavitt came along. Changed his position to DE and next thing you know he's an All-American.

Nate Allen a 2 star QB. Leavitt changed him to Safety and now hes the starter for the Eagles.

Taggart can recruit, but with that I hope he is the talent evaluator that Leavitt was. If that's the case we'll be in very good shape.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

And Mark Joyce is terrible so...

I couldn't agree more.  That guy never wraps up, he's always looking for the "highlight real" hit.  I'm not trying to turn blast him because he's not the only one on the D, but it's a big problem when the guy who is literally your last line of defense can't make a tackle.  There have been WAY too many missed tackles by USF this year, including special teams.  I don't know how many of you watched the UM v FSU game this weekend.  FSU is a better team, without a doubt, but their D can flat out tackle way better than any team I have seen play.  Miami missed too many tackles (not the only reason they lost) and it showed on the scoreboard.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

i have no problem with Bres so far

Maybe if he wasn't up in the box game one, that game could have been a win or at least not a record breaker. Obviously CWT had a problem with him that game telling him to be on the sidelines from then on. Yeah, the offense put them in tough positions several times during that game but it was more than that, they were ran and passed all over. McNeese St has been held to as little as 6 points by a FCS team this season, Northern Iowa and to a TD by SE LA. So yeah, the worse loss by an FBS to an FCS team in history, so I do have a problem with him.

• Downvote 1