• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst Yet to Come...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Just watched Bucs choke - Raymond James might not see a win this year!  Tampa is a fair weather city... I doubt we will see much support for either team this year or next.

I watched the game on TV. I think we might have actually had more people at the game. It seemed roughly even at least. 

I think the game started out better attendance - but I was shocked how few bucs fans stayed when the team was down 13 - 10 with ~1:50 to go.  It is exactly what USF will continue to battle - fans in tampa are extremely fickle.  Thought his years Bulls would try even the Buffallo Bills fan base!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Being a sports fan in Tampa isn't easy. It never has been. I will never blame a ticket buyer for not staying until the end of a craptastic game. All we can do is buy the ticket - we can't control the scoreboard. If no one buys a ticket or stays until the end of the game, that's on the team. It's supposed to be entertainment, suggesting it should at least be competitive. When your team isn't competitive, it becomes the opposite of entertainment.

That said, I admire people like us who bother to continue following the team. There must be something wrong with us. My wife says I'm a masochist because I follow two lousy football teams, Bulls and Bucs.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Thank God I have the Pats and the Red Sox to follow. However, I still follow and support the Bulls 10x more. I will continue to do so regardless of the record. Two reasons: (1) my alma matter is my family and I never let them down; (2) when we start to win (and we will) it will be even sweeter knowing what was endured to get there (band waggon fans will never get that same feeling). So I will always be all in!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

Being a sports fan in Tampa isn't easy. It never has been. I will never blame a ticket buyer for not staying until the end of a craptastic game. All we can do is buy the ticket - we can't control the scoreboard. If no one buys a ticket or stays until the end of the game, that's on the team. It's supposed to be entertainment, suggesting it should at least be competitive. When your team isn't competitive, it becomes the opposite of entertainment.

That said, I admire people like us who bother to continue following the team. There must be something wrong with us. My wife says I'm a masochist because I follow two lousy football teams, Bulls and Bucs.

I am in even worse shape.  Add to those 2 the NY Football Giants and I'm still 0 for the year.  My football season is already over as far as any post season games are concerned.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

... we still have to play UCF, and I just don't see our attendance coming up.

We will be lucky to get 10K at the remaining games this season... If you think its bad now... just wait... its gonna get worse.

Gonna be a rough 2 seasons ahead of us.

Just curious, but what exactly is the thought process that goes behind starting a drivel thread like this? You couldn't have just posted this in one of the other threads lamenting our future ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

Forget the one game vs UCF. How about the 6k students in each cohort that we lose over the next three years as we go through this wishy-washy rebuilding period

How about the realignment that isn't done?

How about ripple effect years down the road? The ingrained perceptions in people? 

The lost revenues? The lost Tampa Bay community? The lost interest from out of state students? 

The list is far longer than this. We lose much, much more than we can see or dream of as this is happening. And that's what pisses me off. We need to win, and it needs to start with Cincinnati and not stop until I hit the grave. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Just watched Bucs choke - Raymond James might not see a win this year!  Tampa is a fair weather city... I doubt we will see much support for either team this year or next.

On the bright side (for those of us still going to the games), the porta-potties will be much cleaner due to lack of use.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'll be there taking my lumps, just like a true fan would. I can now say that I'm likely seeing the worst football out of my alma mater, which means there's only up from here.