• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The real problem is...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We have always had issues on the o-line... I don't know why we can't draft good ones.

Also agree with the wideouts... no excuse for all of the dropped passes. I could had done better.

I think it has to do with the type of offense mostly seen in FL, which is geared toward smaller faster o line. At least I thought I read that somewhere. And also its a lot harder to find athletic big men for the line. Its funny though. My dad and uncle were all conference tackles in high school in Florida in the 30s and 40s and were considered big at 165 and 185lbs.

In any event this is something that has to be fixed... hell Tag and Judy need to drive the O-Line down to CiCi's and force feed them. We need them bigger and more imobile.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We have always had issues on the o-line... I don't know why we can't draft good ones.

Also agree with the wideouts... no excuse for all of the dropped passes. I could had done better.

I think it has to do with the type of offense mostly seen in FL, which is geared toward smaller faster o line. At least I thought I read that somewhere. And also its a lot harder to find athletic big men for the line. Its funny though. My dad and uncle were all conference tackles in high school in Florida in the 30s and 40s and were considered big at 165 and 185lbs.

There is a lot to be said about how difficult it is to find good, athletic, talented lineman. This is why many college teams started to go to the zone blocking, read-option offense. That is why Leavitt preferred that offense. It is a lot easier to have some success by recruiting great athletes at QB than to try to fill out a 2 deep lineup with those big strong roadpavers.

It is a lot easier in college to find that one special athlete like BJ or Grothe or Pat White or RGIII, spread the field and create space and let the best athlete on the field do his thing.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

In any event this is something that has to be fixed... hell Tag and Judy need to drive the O-Line down to CiCi's and force feed them. We need them bigger and more imobile.

Oh no, that pizza sucks. LOL  Or at least it did when I tried them several years back, had better frozen. More like Golden Corral. But actually I think the kind of linemen we want and need are going to P5, they are scarce. You hear skill position players all the way down to DII getting into the NFL, but not a lot of O linemen.

But I LMAO when I read this.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Lots of people underestimate the importance of the offensive line. We've got to do a better job recruiting this position for sure.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Which is why we tend to run the SPREAD..spread and shotgun help to hide the fact your oline is weak by spreading out the defense. I mean We cannot abandon the spread if we want to have success this year but it will take 3-4 years to install his offense and to get his players in. Unfortunately bulls fans wont last that long. You guys asked for pro style...you got it!! hope your happy...

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

No it's not. Our offense isn't very good and we played one of the best defenses in college football.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

No it's not. Our offense isn't very good and we played one of the best defenses in college football.

When the opposition's defense scores more than 2x the points your offense, you lose every time.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

The problem is...

We don't have any talent on offense at any position (except maybe running back).

QBs suck, o-line sucks, WRs suck. We might as well snap straight to our running backs and just cycle them, sit the QB and put in an extra linen for blocking. We have ZERO passing threat.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

The problem is...

We don't have any talent on offense at any position (except maybe running back).

QBs suck, o-line sucks, WRs suck. We might as well snap straight to our running backs and just cycle them, sit the QB and put in an extra linen for blocking. We have ZERO passing threat.

OK, but other than that...

And I do agree that our offensive line (imaginary line?) gets muscled around a lot. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

This is why Leavitt installed the offense we were familiar with.

Change comes at a price. Can't getaway without paying.