• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The real problem is...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,649
  • Days Won:  29

The change in offense is gonna take longer than I thought.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Do any of you realize how good that defense is?  Our offense is not there.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We have always had issues on the o-line... I don't know why we can't draft good ones.

Also agree with the wideouts... no excuse for all of the dropped passes. I could had done better.

I think it has to do with the type of offense mostly seen in FL, which is geared toward smaller faster o line. At least I thought I read that somewhere. And also its a lot harder to find athletic big men for the line. Its funny though. My dad and uncle were all conference tackles in high school in Florida in the 30s and 40s and were considered big at 165 and 185lbs.

In any event this is something that has to be fixed... hell Tag and Judy need to drive the O-Line down to CiCi's and force feed them. We need them bigger and more imobile.

Oh no, that pizza sucks. LOL  Or at least it did when I tried them several years back, had better frozen. More like Golden Corral. But actually I think the kind of linemen we want and need are going to P5, they are scarce. You hear skill position players all the way down to DII getting into the NFL, but not a lot of O linemen.

But I LMAO when I read this.

plenty of linemen come from schools outside P5.

Which is why we tend to run the SPREAD..spread and shotgun help to hide the fact your oline is weak by spreading out the defense. I mean We cannot abandon the spread if we want to have success this year but it will take 3-4 years to install his offense and to get his players in. Unfortunately bulls fans wont last that long. You guys asked for pro style...you got it!! hope your happy...

very happy.

that's a myth about why teams run the spread. they run the spread because it's in vogue not because they can't get linemen for a pro-style.

we play against like competition. we have similar talent.

we played against a top 10 defense. we don't have a top 10 line. it's as simple as that.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Which is why we tend to run the SPREAD..spread and shotgun help to hide the fact your oline is weak by spreading out the defense. I mean We cannot abandon the spread if we want to have success this year but it will take 3-4 years to install his offense and to get his players in. Unfortunately bulls fans wont last that long. You guys asked for pro style...you got it!! hope your happy...

very happy.

that's a myth about why teams run the spread. they run the spread because it's in vogue not because they can't get linemen for a pro-style.

we play against like competition. we have similar talent.

we played against a top 10 defense. we don't have a top 10 line. it's as simple as that.

Thank you.

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

The O-line... they were getting beat left and right today.  I know it is very easy to blame the QB's (lets face it, there isn't a D1 caliber QB on our roster) but the 0-line was letting the defenders penetrate the line and was not getting any push.  The offense as a whole is just bad.  Real bad.  Welch, what the @#^%, couldn't catch a ball that could have extended drives as well.  Fuark!

Probably a top 10 defense, so I am not surprised. 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I am not saying we have a great or even good offensive line, but no offensive line can block 8 players!  Outside of one or two great individual plays it seems when Michigan State sent only 4 the O-line held.  The problem is we are far to predictable because of our lack of a QB.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

That being said, we still ran for over 100 yards....

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

You are correct...let's be a little more specific.

I don't think the o-line is that terrible.  What they did poorly in and has done poorly in is pass protection especially with blitz assignments.  I think it is more of a fundamentals and familiarity with the scheme than them not being big and talented enough.

A few times the guys were just letting rushers in untouched as if they were depending on someone else to block.

You are correct...let's be a little more specific.

I don't think the o-line is that terrible.  What they did poorly in and has done poorly in is pass protection especially with blitz assignments.  I think it is more of a fundamentals and familiarity with the scheme than them not being big and talented enough.

A few times the guys were just letting rushers in untouched as if they were depending on someone else to block.

MSU only had 3 sacks.

not saying our line is top ten but Eveld does have a slow delivery and isn't very mobile. at least we don't go 5 wide anymore leaving our 5 linemen with an almost impossible task.