• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The real problem is...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Do any of you realize how good that defense is?  Our offense is not there.

This defense was top-tier, but McNeese was not, and they ran over our line too. Floyd was pressured all day, contributing to his mistakes. NOT exonerating him, Eveld definitely does better under pressure!

Our offense as a whole is not there, absolutely true, and it troubles me a little that we KNEW that D was going to be coming hard, but didn't have a lot of plays to make them overrun. This is a good thread, though, I agree the line is where it all starts and we don't have much of one right now.

Can anyone imagine how Shaw would be shredding it if he had consistent holes?

Wait. Is this the same McNeese St where GAUSFBull said Eveld looked like Joe Flacco? When he was put it he had time to throw, and throw often. Totally night and day in what the offense did. TEs even caught passes. Don't blame the O Line for Floyd who never got into a rhythm with the receivers and was just totally off.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's hard to blame the o-line when Floyd overthrew receivers by a few yards.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This defense was top-tier, but McNeese was not, and they ran over our line too. Floyd was pressured all day, contributing to his mistakes. NOT exonerating him, Eveld definitely does better under pressure!

Well, except for the little fumble returned for a TD and the INT returned for a TD...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's hard to blame the o-line when Floyd overthrew receivers by a few yards.

Kid was excited, happens at every level.  Opening Day jitters.  Those didn't bother me nearly as much as the decision making on the picks.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Our offense as a whole is not there, absolutely true, and it troubles me a little that we KNEW that D was going to be coming hard, but didn't have a lot of plays to make them overrun. This is a good thread, though, I agree the line is where it all starts and we don't have much of one right now.

Wait. Is this the same McNeese St where GAUSFBull said Eveld looked like Joe Flacco? When he was put it he had time to throw, and throw often. Totally night and day in what the offense did. TEs even caught passes. Don't blame the O Line for Floyd who never got into a rhythm with the receivers and was just totally off.

Eveld didn't come in until the second half when the pressure came down a lot. Floyd would have done better with that kind of time, but by then it was time for him to sit. I'm just saying our O-line was no match for McNeese, and won't be for our conference unless they man up.

The two Eveld turnovers can't be blamed totally on him. A locomotive-style blind-side hit as he was in throwing motion, I don't think anyone holds on to that ball. The INT was a tip, tough to control those. But I'll say his one forced throw that should have been a pick-6 was all on him, took me a minute to catch my breath.

We're not solid at QB by any means, but I still say Eveld is the better choice right now. Maybe if Bench can get the plays down, he rises.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Eveld didn't come in until the second half when the pressure came down a lot. Floyd would have done better with that kind of time, but by then it was time for him to sit. I'm just saying our O-line was no match for McNeese, and won't be for our conference unless they man up.

The two Eveld turnovers can't be blamed totally on him. A locomotive-style blind-side hit as he was in throwing motion, I don't think anyone holds on to that ball. The INT was a tip, tough to control those. But I'll say his one forced throw that should have been a pick-6 was all on him, took me a minute to catch my breath.

We're not solid at QB by any means, but I still say Eveld is the better choice right now. Maybe if Bench can get the plays down, he rises.

Uh, no. Floyd wasn't under that much pressure. He had time to throw deep balls and made bad decisions on other throws. Was there a pass rush? Yes. Was it handled? Pretty much. Floyd made it look much worse than it was in the first half.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  0

The O-line... they were getting beat left and right today.  I know it is very easy to blame the QB's (lets face it, there isn't a D1 caliber QB on our roster) but the 0-line was letting the defenders penetrate the line and was not getting any push.  The offense as a whole is just bad.  Real bad.  Welch, what the @#^%, couldn't catch a ball that could have extended drives as well.  Fuark!

The O-line was atrocious. I know Mich St has a solid D, but come on. A pocket passer had zero chance with the lack of protection.

I feel bad for Eveld. Kid has a lot of guts, have to give him that. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Uh, no. Floyd wasn't under that much pressure. He had time to throw deep balls and made bad decisions on other throws. Was there a pass rush? Yes. Was it handled? Pretty much. Floyd made it look much worse than it was in the first half.

I'll have to agree to disagree on our line handling McNeese, I saw Floyd rushing almost everything except for the beginning of the game and the beginning of the 2nd half. He had very little pocket to work with. Eveld had much of the same circumstances, just worked with it better. We'll see if it continues with FAU, but if QB doesn't have much time to make reads, we have to adjust the game plan.