• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

kinda feelin bad for floyd

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

I feel bad for him in that I know he wanted to do well for the team, but didn't. These games are played by humans, not robots.

I want a Ferrari, but I don't have one. Do you feel bad for me?

Well sure.  The fact you don't have one means one of four things:

1) you weren't born with the money to buy one

2) you haven't worked hard enough to earn enough $ to buy one

3) you haven't valued your work at a high enough price to earn enough $ to buy one.

4) what you do just isn't  enough to earn enough $ to buy one.  

Same goes with Floyd.  I have no doubt he's put in the work, and he obviously had in CWT's eyes, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten a shot to start yesterday's game. Out of the 4 options correlated to Floyd's game, I expect he's closer to #1 -- he just doesn't naturally have what it takes to be a viable QB.  Because he has worked hard, and hasn't achieved I feel bad.

You on the other hand, yeah, I feel bad for you, but I don't know you personally, so it's only a little bit that I feel bad for you, because I don't know which of the above 4 is most applicable to you.  

You spent way too much time on that response .... "What a dumbass analogy" would have sufficed.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I feel bad for him in that I know he wanted to do well for the team, but didn't. These games are played by humans, not robots.

Well sure.  The fact you don't have one means one of four things:

3) you haven't valued your work at a high enough price to earn enough $ to buy one.

4) what you do just isn't  enough to earn enough $ to buy one.  

Same goes with Floyd.  I have no doubt he's put in the work, and he obviously had in CWT's eyes, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten a shot to start yesterday's game. Out of the 4 options correlated to Floyd's game, I expect he's closer to #1 -- he just doesn't naturally have what it takes to be a viable QB.  Because he has worked hard, and hasn't achieved I feel bad.

You on the other hand, yeah, I feel bad for you, but I don't know you personally, so it's only a little bit that I feel bad for you, because I don't know which of the above 4 is most applicable to you.  

You spent way too much time on that response .... "What a dumbass analogy" would have sufficed.

:D  

I haven't been able to put TBP down for more than 10 seconds since last night's meltdown.  Figured I might as well. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Well sure. The fact you don't have one means one of four things:

4) what you do just isn't enough to earn enough $ to buy one.

Same goes with Floyd. I have no doubt he's put in the work, and he obviously had in CWT's eyes, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten a shot to start yesterday's game. Out of the 4 options correlated to Floyd's game, I expect he's closer to #1 -- he just doesn't naturally have what it takes to be a viable QB. Because he has worked hard, and hasn't achieved I feel bad.

Greatest response ever.

I certain have a lot of work ahead of me. Good thing I'm still young.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Floyd had is chance in 2 separate years.  Not good enough.  Next man in.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Floyd must be the greatest practice player ever. We know for sure he is not good against live bullets.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Matt Floyd loves being a USF Bull and has worked hard and had the opportunity to be the starting QB under two different coaches and for whatever he can't translate the practice success to gametime. I thank Matt for his committment to the program and wish him well in whatever he does. I remember another QB who never looked particularly good in practice but come gametime he was awesome. You may remember him. He won a Heisman and a National Championship. That guy was Danny Wuerffel. Some guys are practice players and some guys are gamers. CWT has to find our gamers. It will take time and most are probably not on the roster.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

"floyd didnt recruit himself"

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just not accurate enough, under 50% completion rate is not good! 

His receivers didn't help him out at all.  Field position was awful, thanks to a lack of defense and some bonehead plays by the kick returner.  

Floyd obviously played poorly, but his was far from the only poor performance out there.  It was a team wide epidemic.  Even Shaw chipped in with an inexcusable fumble.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Nope. Holtz did and look what qb's he left us with...

Matt is obviously a good practice player but when people are actually rushing him, legitimately covering and bumping receivers, and he's having to make reads during all this he's not good. Maybe its physical, maybe its psychological. Either way he is not good. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Nope. Holtz did and look what qb's he left us with...

Matt is obviously a good practice player but when people are actually rushing him, legitimately covering and bumping receivers, and he's having to make reads during all this he's not good. Maybe its physical, maybe its psychological. Either way he is not good.

Charlie Strong offered him, too.