• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

kinda feelin bad for floyd

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I agree. I feel for the kid, but this isn't a charity - this is college football.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I am sober now too, but I don't see why you feel bad for Floyd. He had his shot; he **** the bed again; so he's on the pine. It ain't personal, it's football. There's no question it wasn't all on him, but there's also no question he played atrociously.

You can accept how terrible he played and still empathize with the kid - he is a bull through and through and I'm sure today has been an awfully rough day for him (it's been rough for me and he has a hell of a lot more invested than I do).

Couldn't agree more.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

If those two were as close in the offseason as Taggart has been saying, it probably means that for whatever reason he just never got into a rhythm with the receivers last night. His head wasn't into it. I just can not believe that the huge difference in playing we saw last night  wasn't evident in practice so that is the only explanation. Either that or the stars aligned and Eveld is the next Brett Farve (Atlanta) or Willie Beamen (Any Given Sunday), someone down on the depth chart with amazing talent waiting to hit the field to show it, not evident in practice.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Floyd has had more than enough chances to prove himself in the games.

He failed each and every time.

I'd feel bad for him maybe of he never got a chance, but he was given every possible chance and failed each time.

I'm sure he feels bad, and I can understand that, but I don't understand why anyone else should feel bad.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I feel bad for him in that I know he wanted to do well for the team, but didn't.  These games are played by humans, not robots.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I feel bad for him in that I know he wanted to do well for the team, but didn't. These games are played by humans, not robots.

I want a Ferrari, but I don't have one. Do you feel bad for me?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I feel bad for him in that I know he wanted to do well for the team, but didn't. These games are played by humans, not robots.

+1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I just teared up a little, for what its worth.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Was that Tommy or Bobby? They showed T. Eveld on the sidlelines when the defense was on the field, think he was standing by Floyd.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Well sure.  The fact you don't have one means one of four things:

1) you weren't born with the money to buy one

2) you haven't worked hard enough to earn enough $ to buy one

3) you haven't valued your work at a high enough price to earn enough $ to buy one.

4) what you do just isn't  enough to earn enough $ to buy one.  

Same goes with Floyd.  I have no doubt he's put in the work, and he obviously had in CWT's eyes, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten a shot to start yesterday's game. Out of the 4 options correlated to Floyd's game, I expect he's closer to #1 -- he just doesn't naturally have what it takes to be a viable QB.  Because he has worked hard, and hasn't achieved I feel bad.

You on the other hand, yeah, I feel bad for you, but I don't know you personally, so it's only a little bit that I feel bad for you, because I don't know which of the above 4 is most applicable to you.  

Edited by GaUSFBull