• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need more negativity, more criticism, and more complaining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

All in All the recruits are a lot more level headed about the game than the legions of Nancies that have come flooding back to the board after being absent for oh so long. If I am a recruit, I'm looking at this like

"Man they stink this year. I'm gonna be able to win a True Fresh starting job next year".

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

All in All the recruits are a lot more level headed about the game than the legions of Nancies that have come flooding back to the board after being absent for oh so long. If I am a recruit, I'm looking at this like

"Man they stink this year. I'm gonna be able to win a True Fresh starting job next year".

Bill, the time away from the board has been great for you, evidenced by this gem.  I agree with you.  

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

What we really need is more coddling, hand holding, and apathy. Oh wait, we already tried that for three years. Wake up.The time for change isn't in the future, the time is now. When the fans have more fire about the teams performance than the actual players do, that's a big problem. Rainbows and sunshine aren't going to fix whats wrong with South Florida football. 

Booing and not showing up will definitely do more harm than good. And half of those 3 years the team was winning.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

More negativity? Check.

More criticism? Check.

More complaining? Check.

What's next on the to do list?

For those that can't determine tone on the Internet the above was tongue-in-cheek.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

What do they expect when getting blown out by an FCS team?

I don't know, class?

It appears they have to have class in how they do things, even in how they dress for a game. Perhaps they expected the same in return?

Well it sound like some fans don't think we should be disappointed. Booing and all that nonsense, no I don't think fans should boo their own team, but we should be able to express disappoint without worrying about hurting someone's feelings.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Some of you have NO CLUE the damage you are causing your own program. You really don't. 

284545_280627262051640_1919775817_n.jpg

Great post!

Unfortunately most of our fanbase got drunk on the instant fame of 2007 and don't really understand how hard it is to build a solid football program that is consistently good. When you yell obscenities at 18 year old kids leaving the field it's not going to make them play better but rather make them accept the idea this is how its always been like at USF. There are only a handful of players left that have had any positive winning experiences as a USF player. It's our jobs as fans to remind them of all the great thing this program was able to pull off as a brand new program. As a season ticket holder from day one this is the lowest point of the program on the field...and some of our 'fans' are trying the hardest to turn this into the lowest point off the field as well.

I think Willie Taggart is going to take us back to the style and success we enjoyed under Leavitt. However, our fans need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and stop treating these kids and coaches like lowly scum b/c as you said it's only making things worse. Do these people not realize that recruits that would make our program better are watching theses drunks badmouth our players from the stands? There are too many Bulls fans that would make the 'cute' tweet or post bashing their school than try and support the program when it most needs the support of a positive fanbase.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  901
  • Days Won:  0

Please spare us the "entitlement generation" BS

it is what it is

blame your mommies

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  901
  • Days Won:  0

so in turn they have turned into a generation of "quitters and feel like they are entitled or owed something" .

that's the boo birds alright

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

so in turn they have turned into a generation of "quitters and feel like they are entitled or owed something" .

that's the boo birds alright

Please spare us the "entitlement generation" BS

it is what it is

blame your mommies

Son of a ***** ....we agree on something.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

Never boo at college games - our team or the visitors.  OK, maybe the refs.  Having said that, I believe the athletes and recruits understand the frustration.  It may not do a whole lot of good to boo them but I don't know how much it affects their effort.  As some have said here and other threads, the lack of effort precipitated the booing.  The kids that are going to work hard will continue to do so. The kids that quit before aren't going to be motivated by fans yelling "Come on, let's go".  Coach needs to motivate them. Actually it would be nice if they didn't need motivation from outside and were motivated to give their best effort at all times. 

After this past game, do you want to fly up to Michigan State and get your butt kicked up and down the field?  Wouldn't you want to make a huge effort to show that this game was a fluke and that you aren't that kind of player?  Much of this has to come from within.  Some has to come from the coaching staff.  Maybe a parent can have a word or two with their son about pride. 

Would be nice if the booing stopped.  Why boo a coach in his first game?  He's been hired to turn things around. It takes time. Booing kids/young adults is senseless, in my eyes, at any time.