• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need more negativity, more criticism, and more complaining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

Never boo at college games - our team or the visitors.  OK, maybe the refs.  Having said that, I believe the athletes and recruits understand the frustration.  It may not do a whole lot of good to boo them but I don't know how much it affects their effort.  As some have said here and other threads, the lack of effort precipitated the booing.  The kids that are going to work hard will continue to do so. The kids that quit before aren't going to be motivated by fans yelling "Come on, let's go".  Coach needs to motivate them. Actually it would be nice if they didn't need motivation from outside and were motivated to give their best effort at all times. 

After this past game, do you want to fly up to Michigan State and get your butt kicked up and down the field?  Wouldn't you want to make a huge effort to show that this game was a fluke and that you aren't that kind of player?  Much of this has to come from within.  Some has to come from the coaching staff.  Maybe a parent can have a word or two with their son about pride. 

Would be nice if the booing stopped.  Why boo a coach in his first game?  He's been hired to turn things around. It takes time. Booing kids/young adults is senseless, in my eyes, at any time.

wait, you don't boo the opposing team? do you clap politely when they come out of the lockeroom?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

I can't recall ever booing one of our players but I booed the crap out of Holtz last year towards the end on one specific play when we were down by a bunch and he went for a freaking field goal instead of trying to actually win the game. Hope that doesn't make me a bad fan or whatever-- but that was some chickenshit coaching there. I was not alone in that feeling

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

For those of you who are saying college football players are grown men are dead wrong. Just because you turn 18 and you are bigger than me doesn't begin to make you a man. Crap, kids in college (not all but many) are still being supported financially by their parents. These people who play college athletics are, in general, not "grown men", they may be large people in the same vein my 9 year old is a little person, but adults, no. So to boo a kid on the field is not only counterproductive, it make you lool like a basshole.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

I admire the sentiment, but scolding the upset fans will change nothing.  Your points are well made however.

Try to step back and look at things more objectively.  When fans boo, they are still caring about the outcome.  If this type of play continues, the fans will stop booing eventually, resigned to the failure they have seen.  You will eventually have USF students that know nothing other than losing over their time at school.  This is not unique to USF although it doesnt necessarily happen everywhere.

Eventually, you wont hear booing anymore, because people stop coming to the games.  The Pitt game last year with regards to fans enthusiasm was the worst.  You knew we were going to lose and it didnt matter anyway.  I think the program got a reprieve with Coach T.s hiring.  If this kind of effort continues, by the SMU game people wont even bother.  

For those of you who are saying college football players are grown men are dead wrong. Just because you turn 18 and you are bigger than me doesn't begin to make you a man. Crap, kids in college (not all but many) are still being supported financially by their parents. These people who play college athletics are, in general, not "grown men", they may be large people in the same vein my 9 year old is a little person, but adults, no. So to boo a kid on the field is not only counterproductive, it make you lool like a basshole.

way to take a  stand

lol- this whole booing controversy is ridiculous

stop booing. well unless Holtz makes an appearance-- then boo all you like That guy blows

I admire the sentiment, but scolding the upset fans will change nothing.  Your points are well made however.

Try to step back and look at things more objectively.  When fans boo, they are still caring about the outcome.  If this type of play continues, the fans will stop booing eventually, resigned to the failure they have seen.  You will eventually have USF students that know nothing other than losing over their time at school.  This is not unique to USF although it doesnt necessarily happen everywhere.

Eventually, you wont hear booing anymore, because people stop coming to the games.  The Pitt game last year with regards to fans enthusiasm was the worst.  You knew we were going to lose and it didnt matter anyway.  I think the program got a reprieve with Coach T.s hiring.  If this kind of effort continues, by the SMU game people wont even bother.  

yes-- they boo because they care so much

what we really need on this team is a kid named Lou -- then we could just say "oh-- they aren't booing, they are cheering for LOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU"

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  95

Perhaps Mike can try to hug-it-out with the players, because that seemed to work really well under the guidance of Skip. A few "nice try's", a "get them next time", and a "can't win em all". That's all these players need.

This program is awful. I know it, Mike knows it, and Willie sure as h*ll knows it.

The head coach (I really like Willie) said b/t the lines that our QBs are dreadful, and after McNeese, called his team a bunch of losers; and admitted that he will need to get 'his guys' in here. 

And we're talking about booing from the stands hurting the players feelings? Please. 

It can only get better from here. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Never boo at college games - our team or the visitors.  OK, maybe the refs.  Having said that, I believe the athletes and recruits understand the frustration.  It may not do a whole lot of good to boo them but I don't know how much it affects their effort.  As some have said here and other threads, the lack of effort precipitated the booing.  The kids that are going to work hard will continue to do so. The kids that quit before aren't going to be motivated by fans yelling "Come on, let's go".  Coach needs to motivate them. Actually it would be nice if they didn't need motivation from outside and were motivated to give their best effort at all times. 

After this past game, do you want to fly up to Michigan State and get your butt kicked up and down the field?  Wouldn't you want to make a huge effort to show that this game was a fluke and that you aren't that kind of player?  Much of this has to come from within.  Some has to come from the coaching staff.  Maybe a parent can have a word or two with their son about pride. 

Would be nice if the booing stopped.  Why boo a coach in his first game?  He's been hired to turn things around. It takes time. Booing kids/young adults is senseless, in my eyes, at any time.

wait, you don't boo the opposing team? do you clap politely when they come out of the lockeroom?

I don't boo but I don't clap or cheer either.  Just don't get booing college kids whether theirs or ours.  Would love to boo Rutgers' fans however. 

I've also tried to stop saying negative things about our players.  I've done that and then found out that their parents were in the row in front of me and 2 over.  Felt like crap.  Happens mostly at away games when there aren't many Bulls fans there.  I still slip up once in a while but I try.

I don't boo but I don't clap or cheer either.  Just don't get booing college kids whether theirs or ours.  Would love to boo Rutgers' fans however. 

I've also tried to stop saying negative things about our players.  I've done that and then found out that their parents were in the row in front of me and 2 over.  Felt like crap.  Happens mostly at away games when there aren't many Bulls fans there.  I still slip up once in a while but I try.

I find the easiest way to ensure you don't make a mistake like that is to think of the players as your own kids---

I use the same technique to keep me from cussing in front of others children in the stands-- I think about how I would want others to act if those were my kids (in the stands or on the fied for that matter).

it certainly helps cut down on the apologies

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

This team cannot depend our fans, we are few and far between - 22,000 !?!

We'll see what this 2013 is made of and I'll be cheering them on!

Go BULLS !!!

Exactly, and why were the Bulls able to succeed in places like Auburn, ND, Lousiville, Morgantown, etal when they were booed and outnumbered with little to no visible fan support?  Because those teams were built tough and had strong team leaders.  They weren't going to lay down for anyone.  Now, this team lays down because they dropped turds prior to the half and got some boos (BTW, other than yelling "Taggart, what are you teaching these kids" when Hopkins passed our goal line three times during a kickoff run back, I did not boo but I respect everyone elses right to convey their feelings about the game in anyway they feel necessary)?  RU really f'ing serious?  What are our new coaches and AD building at USF?  Is it winning football teams or a bunch of young men with dependent personality disorders?  

You want to stay to the end of that EPIC FAIL that happened on Saturday and cheer the entire team in the process, well good for you but not me.  I'd just as soon go out to the lots and watch coeds puking in the grass.  Same result but I get to have a couple more brats and wash it down with inexpensive drinks. I choose to have my alma mater entertain my family and I instead of UF, FSU, UM, or CU during college football season and I was NOT entertained on Saturday.  If you don't understand that, then it's on you not me.