• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need more negativity, more criticism, and more complaining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

Last night we really needed all the fans to get into the game and try and give them a boost, but no, a ton of people left, booed, or just sat there and took it on the chin. These kids feed off of emotion and last night it seemed like everyone in that stadium had turned againt them. This is football folks, where you can have a 14 point swing in a matter of seconds and having a team playing with emotion and the fans behind them increases their odds.

I think the fans tried to get into it as long as possible.  I saw the defense lose the urgency before the crowd did.  That's just my opinion, but I didn't see people running up to the line to get the game turned around (we weren't even out of the game yet).  I saw guys hanging their heads.  That said, I don't see the point of booing the team when they are just getting started out and need a boost.  I didn't like the booing at all... 

And what I would say face to face and behind my keyboard is If they keep losing, OK, but keep your head up and work through it.  I think the fans understand that it's going to take some time...  Just start fighting and show improvement over the season.  I really thought we could get back in the game when they made the switch to Eveld.  You never know if you get a turnover or a returned kick.

I imagine the fans that turn on them quickly have never been successful in anything in life. obstacles have to be overcome. everyone faces adversity. personally I never give up cheering. Seems like a lot of our "fans" are quitters. they give up and start booing at the first sign of adversity.

I am hoping the booing stops.  I don't remember hearing that too much until Skip was nuking everything.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Well, there's not an app that makes it easier.

That pretty much nails it. As Wooly proposed, "It's generational." 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Please spare us the "entitlement generation" BS

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Not saying Booing is ok, I don't like to see or hear it, But on the flip side, these are not Kids we are talking about, These are grown young men, ( go stand next to them and you will see). 

Our society has become too soft, You cant beat or discipline your kids, so in turn they have turned into a generation of "quitters and feel like they are entitled or owed something" .   If you want something you have to work for it, Not only work but work hard for it

If they want support , cheering ect,,  than expect to take the criticism as well when you don't perform or do your job.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

my family and I sit in the front row of the south end zone. I've been sitting there since they opened up the section 1999, and I bought season tickets in 2000 and haven't left. 

Our USF Football Players, aren't even looking up at their own fans anymore. The eyes are down, they are hiding their faces, they are afraid to try to get their fans excited and into the game. When they look up, they are greeted with fans pinches their noses, shooting them middle fingers, swearing at them. 

Some of you have NO CLUE the damage you are causing your own program. You really don't. 

284545_280627262051640_1919775817_n.jpg

My daughter has the exact same shirt as your daughters - she's probably pretty close to the same age as well.  Would have hated to have been there last night explaining why people were booing.  

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Not saying Booing is ok, I don't like to see or hear it, But on the flip side, these are not Kids we are talking about, These are grown young men, ( go stand next to them and you will see). 

Our society has become too soft, You cant beat or discipline your kids, so in turn they have turned into a generation of "quitters and feel like they are entitled or owed something" .   If you want something you have to work for it, Not only work but work hard for it

If they want support , cheering ect,,  than expect to take the criticism as well when you don't perform or do your job.

Even grown young men have feelings. They know when what they are doing is bad, without the crowd response. It doesn't make their performance any better. I'd rather hear, "Come On BULLS, LETS DO THIS:!  than any negativity being hurled onto the field. Encouragement is going to work better on this team than negativity.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

Not to mention all the high school prospects that were there last night and got to hear the home fans booing their own team. That must have made them feel really great about USF. Some of our fans treat these games like a Bucs game, where the athletes are highly paid pros and the owners are making millions and the ticket prices are sky high. We need to start speaking up when fans get out of line in the different sections that we sit in. Hopefully this was the lowest of the low and we can all be one big happy family.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Not to mention all the high school prospects that were there last night and got to hear the home fans booing their own team. That must have made them feel really great about USF. Some of our fans treat these games like a Bucs game, where the athletes are highly paid pros and the owners are making millions and the ticket prices are sky high. We need to start speaking up when fans get out of line in the different sections that we sit in. Hopefully this was the lowest of the low and we can all be one big happy family.

There were several verbals and several that are interested in the team. I think the total was around 10.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

There were several verbals and several that are interested in the team. I think the total was around 10.

Thanks for that info ... I didn't think it possible I could feel worse about last night.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

What we really need is more coddling, hand holding, and apathy. Oh wait, we already tried that for three years. Wake up.The time for change isn't in the future, the time is now. When the fans have more fire about the teams performance than the actual players do, that's a big problem. Rainbows and sunshine aren't going to fix whats wrong with South Florida football. 

• Upvote 1