• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need more negativity, more criticism, and more complaining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I started at USF in 1996 before we had a football team, when I applied at USF at the end of 1995 there hardly any mention of it.

I played a little bit of football in junior and high school, along with other sports. I can tell you one thing, negativity is contagious. 

There is such thing as the "12th Man", it's what sparks an athlete to dig even deeper in the gym, in practice, and on gameday because the athlete feels that they are playing for people who believe in him/her.

I read all this negativity, all this whining and all this complaining and I think to myself "Do these people actually think this is going to help?"

The players are reading your comments, they are reading every single word that you peck out on your keyboard. All it takes, is for them to flip on their smart phone, and they can read every word you type on the long drive back to campus, or the long drive to the airport. Or when they can't sleep at night, and want to see what the people they are playing for are saying about them.

Do you honestly think student athletes are going to put in the effort they need to get this program back on track, with the purely harmful comments some of your are pecking out on your keyboard for them to read?

In what world, does beating someone when they are down, saying anything possible to absolutely crush their will and soul, help someone rise above it all and conquer their challenges?

Some of the comments I'm reading here, go beyond the embarrassment of simple having a losing football team. It shows the insecurity of the poster, it's like your whole entire existence is based on the performance of your college's football team. Seriously, if you can't handle a couple of losing seasons, there are TONS of other athletic programs at USF that are doing just fine... base your life's value on them instead. 

I encourage some of you, to walk up to one of these players on campus, and tell them to their face what you're pecking out on your keyboard. Why don't you go and boo them while they are practice, make it personal. Meet them outside of the athletics building in the parking lot, see if you have the stones to tell them nose-to-nose, what you are typing about them in here. You can bring your keyboard, if it'll help you get the courage to spit in their faces.

We know what we are all feeling, this circle jerk of everyone trying to out-do each other with even more hurtful and negative speech is just going to continue to spread like a cancer. 

We have a football team that was shattered with the firing of Levitt, and hasn't played real football in almost 3 years. USF Football needs support, it needs love, it needs fans who are willing to stand with the team shoulder to shoulder, win or lose, until we get back on track. 

Taggart gave you all a clue, as to the psyche of the team, he said the team is "mentally fragile". Only the cruelest of person continues to attack someone who is already on the verge of tears. That's where the USF Football team is right now. 

I was ashamed to be at the game Saturday, listening as my team was being booed by my fellow USF alumni and students, while going into the locker room at halftime. You think that helped? You think that motivated them to do better?

Edited by MikePhillips

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

True

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

I started at USF in 1996 before we had a football team, when I applied at USF at the end of 1995 there hardly any mention of it.

I played a little bit of football in junior and high school, along with other sports. I can tell you one thing, negativity is contagious. 

There is such thing as the "12th Man", it's what sparks an athlete to dig even deeper in the gym, in practice, and on gameday because the athlete feels that they are playing for people who believe in him/her.

I read all this negativity, all this whining and all this complaining and I think to myself "Do these people actually think this is going to help?"

The players are reading your comments, they are reading every single word that you peck out on your keyboard. All it takes, is for them to flip on their smart phone, and they can read every word you type on the long drive back to campus, or the long drive to the airport. Or when they can't sleep at night, and want to see what the people they are playing for are saying about them.

Do you honestly think student athletes are going to put in the effort they need to get this program back on track, with the purely harmful comments some of your are pecking out on your keyboard for them to read?

In what world, does beating someone when they are down, saying anything possible to absolutely crush their will and soul, help someone rise above it all and conquer their challenges?

Some of the comments I'm reading here, go beyond the embarrassment of simple having a losing football team. It shows the insecurity of the poster, it's like your whole entire existence is based on the performance of your college's football team. Seriously, if you can't handle a couple of losing seasons, there are TONS of other athletic programs at USF that are doing just fine... base your life's value on them instead. 

I encourage some of you, to walk up to one of these players on campus, and tell them to their face what you're pecking out on your keyboard. Why don't you go and boo them while they are practice, make it personal. Meet them outside of the athletics building in the parking lot, see if you have the stones to tell them nose-to-nose, what you are typing about them in here. You can bring your keyboard, if it'll help you get the courage to spit in their faces.

We know what we are all feeling, this circle jerk of everyone trying to out-do each other with even more hurtful and negative speech is just going to continue to spread like a cancer. 

We have a football team that was shattered with the firing of Levitt, and hasn't played real football in almost 3 years. USF Football needs support, it needs love, it needs fans who are willing to stand with the team shoulder to shoulder, win or lose, until we get back on track. 

Taggart gave you all a clue, as to the psyche of the team, he said the team is "mentally fragile". Only the cruelest of person continues to attack someone who is already on the verge of tears. That's where the USF Football team is right now. 

I was ashamed to be at the game Saturday, listening as my team was being booed by my fellow USF alumni and students, while going into the locker room at halftime. You think that helped? You think that motivated them to do better?

Some awesome points in there ....

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Last night we really needed all the fans to get into the game and try and give them a boost, but no, a ton of people left, booed, or just sat there and took it on the chin. These kids feed off of emotion and last night it seemed like everyone in that stadium had turned againt them. This is football folks, where you can have a 14 point swing in a matter of seconds and having a team playing with emotion and the fans behind them increases their odds.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

good points. people who attack college athletes for giving their all and not living up to their expectations are laughable. if they can do better then by all means please get out there and do it. otherwise STFU

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Last night we really needed all the fans to get into the game and try and give them a boost, but no, a ton of people left, booed, or just sat there and took it on the chin. These kids feed off of emotion and last night it seemed like everyone in that stadium had turned againt them. This is football folks, where you can have a 14 point swing in a matter of seconds and having a team playing with emotion and the fans behind them increases their odds.

it's amazing how much players feed off the crowd. I can't stand booing your own players. that does absolutely nothing for them psychologically.

• Content Count:  280

my family and I sit in the front row of the south end zone. I've been sitting there since they opened up the section 1999, and I bought season tickets in 2000 and haven't left. 

Our USF Football Players, aren't even looking up at their own fans anymore. The eyes are down, they are hiding their faces, they are afraid to try to get their fans excited and into the game. When they look up, they are greeted with fans pinches their noses, shooting them middle fingers, swearing at them. 

Some of you have NO CLUE the damage you are causing your own program. You really don't. 

284545_280627262051640_1919775817_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart talked about how fragile the team was. I think its fair to say the majority of the crowd was too. Because we were all into it and making noise up until that bad snap on the punt. After that, it was right back to how it was last season

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks Mike.  

Unfortunately no matter how many times something like this is stated, the more vocal (and emotionally unhinged, perhaps) minority that seems to base their existence, worth and self-pride on the team just doesn't get it.  It's like they were picked on by Gators or Seminoles and it's on the team to free them.  I don't get it.  

Sometimes I think coming from Tampa is part of the problem where for years people booed the Bucs.  While booing professional players is a little easier to take (although I have never booed a team I allegedly support), I think this carries over that some of these people believe these players owe them something for signing a scholarship to come here.  Weird dynamic in play.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

my family and I sit in the front row of the south end zone. I've been sitting there since they opened up the section 1999, and I bought season tickets in 2000 and haven't left. 

Our USF Football Players, aren't even looking up at their own fans anymore. The eyes are down, they are hiding their faces, they are afraid to try to get their fans excited and into the game. When they look up, they are greeted with fans pinches their noses, shooting them middle fingers, swearing at them. 

Some of you have NO CLUE the damage you are causing your own program. You really don't. 

284545_280627262051640_1919775817_n.jpg

Well, I hope your target audience gets the message.  Thank you.