• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tweeted Coach T

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

i was drunk and an idiot last nite but still pissed about players(freshmen) tweeting after the game about their interception or getting in the game.....some senior on the team should remind them we lost to mcneese st

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

i was drunk and an idiot last nite but still pissed about players(freshmen) tweeting after the game about their interception or getting in the game.....some senior on the team should remind them we lost to mcneese st

That's the thing with football players these days. They make one play, you see them get up and start jawing off and celebrating. Good for you, you made a hard tackle at the line of scrimmage, but we're still down 4 touchdowns. Then you see them give up a 12 yard screen play.  You made a good play, now get back to the line and do it again.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Taggart knows what's up. I think the reality is that it's going to take time to reverse the damage done. Holtz will be known forever as the guy that almost ruined the program.

No coach in the history of sports has ruined a team.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

My take is that we had no real basis for higher expectations on a season opener with a new head coach, new offense, new defense, for the most part new quarterback, and inexperienced and thin back field.  Of course, I didn't think we would lose to McNeese State (which is a very talented FCS team).  I also didn't think that we would blow them away and figured we would have issues that needed to be worked out with all of the above-referenced factors.  It is very disappointing we lost by such a wide margin, but we as a fan base need to stand by our new head coach and give him the time he needs to turn this team around.  From listening to all the "bundits" we not only have the above-referenced issues, but apparently we also are lacking in talent (team wide) (not necessarily my opinion, but the opinion of various sports analysts & announcers).  I still believe CWT is the man for the job, believe he can turn this team around (with time) and that he has a lot of work ahead of him.  We should be humbled by the loss and shouldn't have much higher expectations for the remainder of the season.  

We learned that Floyd is not our man (in my opinion, he is a third string qb at best at the FBS level - just my opinion haters).  Eveld looked promising and poised for not having much playing time before coming into this game, in addition to the ego check that he was Floyd's back up.  Still interested to see what Bench is all about.  

Very shocked about Lynch's performance, happy about Mim's performance, amongst some other hardworking players who never gave up.  Special Teams is in need of some very serious work, hope this was just first game jitters, but questionable.  

Last night I was pissed, but this morning I am going to go into my office still wearing my Bulls hat held high (although I will deserve all the smack talk that comes my way).  

Love my Bulls through thick & thin.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Taggart knows what's up. I think the reality is that it's going to take time to reverse the damage done. Holtz will be known forever as the guy that almost ruined the program.

As bad as Holtz was, last night was on the Taggart, his staff, and the current players.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

lol I can't believe people are blaming Holtz for this loss

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

Last night was a good old-fashioned ass beating. I've never seen our Football team get so man handled. This was a serious reality check for all us fans and all the players and coaches. We're at a new all-time low in program history. Now it's time to separate the men from the boys and see who the real Bulls are (players and fans). I still believe in Bulls Football...we just have some major work to do.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

If he had a better evaluation of the Qb's I believe this loss would have been easily been avoidable its completely on him, the D gave up when they realized the Offense wasnt going anywhere

I don't buy that. The D was getting man-handled nearly from the start. It was pretty ridiculous how we could not stop the run on first down nearly every time.. The McNeese O-line overpowered our line. It's so easy to go into the "if" game. At the time, Floyd won the job. Coach gave him his second chance after the half (where I assume he had a good earful from coach), and I belive coach Taggart wanted to see how he would respond... He got his answer pretty quickly.

Think you need to go back and look at the box sore. Our defense was doing fine except for one drive before our offense starting turning the ball over and got back to back 3 & outs. To start the game McNeese had 4 straight failed possessions that ended in 3 punts and 1 interception. After that our defense had one poor drive of 91 yards that led to a touchdown. Our offense then turned it over 1 play later forcing a tired defense back out. That was the story the entire night.

WHile there were some horrible defensive plays on our part, there was a lot of great plays by the McNeese players. On multiple occasions we had coverage so good if it was any better its a penalty, but the QB still threaded it in for a first down. They made some excellent plays and really played a flawless game outside of their first 4 possessions.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

That's the thing with football players these days. They make one play, you see them get up and start jawing off and celebrating. Good for you, you made a hard tackle at the line of scrimmage, but we're still down 4 touchdowns. Then you see them give up a 12 yard screen play.  You made a good play, now get back to the line and do it again.

Sometime fairly late in the game, Pierre rips off a decent run and comes out high steppin'.  Really? You're down by 30+ to a Div 1AA school and you make one play and you come out high steppin'?  And, oh, the play was called back for holding.  Shouldn't have seen the field again after that crap.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

lol I can't believe people are blaming Holtz for this loss

They are still in denial and delusional.

You can't blame Holtz for this.

I'm not even sure Holtz would have lost this bad, maybe not even lost at all.

I don't know what Taggart and crew were doing all offseason on the practice feilds, but it clearly hasn't been enough.

Edited by Gismo