• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

I just watched this video of Anderson.

I tell you what. He had a VERY important job at Stanford as their Admissions Liason. He discusses that role towards the end of the interview. Remember, Stanford has the most stringent admissions requirements for its football players of any FBS program in the nation. You basically have to be able to get into Stanford regardless of whether you are a football player or not. They don't reduce their standards much, if at all, for football recruits.

So he has to get with guys in their junior year and work with them on what they need to take in order to get into Stanford. He spends a lot of time with the admissions office discussing potential recruits and getting specific guidance on what they need to do, etc.

Our academic committee is going to seem like a breeze for this guy compared to working to get kids into Stanford.

There are some coaching clips of him in the video too. He doesn't seem like much of a fiery coach. Seems like a smart guy with a good personality. I could see him relating well to players and their parents. He seems like a guy you would want to hang out with and talk about a variety of topics.

Interesting candidate to say the least.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Andy Drukarev â€@StanfordRivals

I've confirmed that #Stanford outside linebackers coach Lance Anderson has been offered the #USF DC job. He hasn't decided whether to accept

Appears to have zero Florida connections. Something tells me that no one wants this job. WOW.

I just got dumber having read this.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  187

Andy Drukarev â€@StanfordRivals

I've confirmed that #Stanford outside linebackers coach Lance Anderson has been offered the #USF DC job. He hasn't decided whether to accept

Appears to have zero Florida connections. Something tells me that no one wants this job. WOW.

I just got dumber having read this.

You do realize he didn't land all of the top 20 recruits nation wide last year and he isn't a head coach in his 30's with 5 national championships.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I know. Poor USF. We're scraping the bottom of the barrel with this guy.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I know. Poor USF. We're scraping the bottom of the barrel with this guy.

Exactly. It's not like we are a leftover BE team trying to take a coach from a Top 10 program.

Oh wait, we are!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Oh, the Oracle at Scout named him "National Recruiter of the Year". Woooooooo. Maybe coaching at one of the most prestigious Universities in the Country might have had something to do with his recruiting skills. Any kid with more than 4 functioning brain cells would cream himself to get into Stanford. If he can't recruit FL, he ain't for us. We saw how much traction the Holtz name got us in FL. Wanna do that again?

• Downvote 1

Not just a top 10 program, but arguably the best and most prestigious school in the United States. Located in an absolutely amazing place to live.

National Recruiter of the year last year by Scout. Academic liason, recruiting coordinator, and LB coach....at Stanford. Hello, Stanford!

We would be lucky to land a guy with those credentials. Stanford's defense has been amazing the past few years. They completely dominated Oregon's high powered offense this year. You have to remember, Willie T and Jim Harbaugh are really tight. You don't think he hasn't received a lot of input from Harbaugh on this? And he did work with him for 3 years at Stanford.

Some people amaze me.

Oh, the Oracle at Scout named him "National Recruiter of the Year". Woooooooo. Maybe coaching at one of the most prestigious Universities in the Country might have had something to do with his recruiting skills. Any kid with more than 4 functioning brain cells would cream himself to get into Stanford. If he can't recruit FL, he ain't for us. We saw how much traction the Holtz name got us in FL. Wanna do that again?

Do you know how hard it is to get into Stanford? And they don't reduce their academic standards for athletes. You have to qualify AND be a stud. So imagine how many 4 and 5 star recruits could get into Stanford on their own. Then think of how heavily recruited those few kids would be. Stanford was a door mat program before Harbaugh took over. So it wasn't the easiest of sells. They were going up against schools like Notre Dame for kids of that caliber.

Watch the video I posted. He discusses how involved he had to be with kids just to get them to be considered by admissions. They had to start working with them as juniors and tell them what classes to take, etc. Imagine a guy that is used to jumping through those kind of hoops dealing with our academic committee. We all complain about them, but he will find them to be a breeze compared to what he dealt with at Stanford.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  187

Didn't Holtz basicly only recruit Florida? Your argument makes no sense.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Didn't Holtz basicly only recruit Florida? Your argument makes no sense.

Holtz didn't recruit anywhere. Isn't that painfully obvious? Willie has stirred up more noise here in 1 month than Skippy did in 3 years. My argument is, and find the flawed logic, we have very few advantages to sell to kids right now, other than, we are local and we have a head coach who was a stud here in the bay area. Bring in a National recruiter and he will find out how quickly his cachet disappears on the National stage with USF as his client. Play to our strengths, it was why I was so supportive of the RS hire. We can recruit Miami, especially given their looming sanction dilemma. Nationally, meh.