• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

EJ has the benefit of having a great running game behind him. BJ is everything for USF.

this. BJ would be much more efficient if we had any sense of a running game. If we had an O-Line, both BJ's performance, as well as the RBs would probably improve dramatically.

Last year, USF had a pretty good running game averaging 183.2 YPG which ranked 31st in the nation and BJ looked the exact same...

last year BJ Daniels ranked 17th for total offense.

FSU currently has the 8th best rushing attack in the country. EJ Manule isn't expected to be 92% of the offense.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Comparing them isn't apples to apples. I think we'd be watching the same thing if we switched qbs. Manuel is not very accurate. He was behind a few wide open receivers, limiting the yac on Saturday.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

5'11" vs 6'5"..............................................

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

I just can't wait to see BJD gone and replaced with a QB with a little bit more of a brain. BJD's IQ is pretty bad....yeah I get that the coaching staff is misusing him and has minimized his development, but he really hasn't shown that he can learn either. Still the same guy from 2009, if not worse, since his speed isn't being used as much under Holtz.

I'm not sure what kind of QB Woullard is, but Skip needs a smart, pocket passer who can make accurate throws in order to succeed, I think it would make a huge difference for our offense as long as Skip remains here. Defense, on the other hand...........

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Makes you wonder how much is coaching a development. EJ made everything look easy and i think a large part of that was FSUs coaching staff slowing down the game for him and drilling the reads in his head

You mean the same staff that didn't recruit BJ as a QB?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

We play soft and sometimes even send 3 guys on third and long, and the qb has all day to throw and makes us look bad. In college ball you bring the heat . When we sent 5 guys or more, Manuel didn't look very good. We've ben doing it the last couple years.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The same staff that keeps putting BJ out there.

The same staff that brought it Jamius Gunsby in 2010 who is no longer here.

The same staff that did not bring in a scholarship QB at all in the last recruiting class.

The same staff that brought Floyd in 2011 and put him in a no-win situation on Saturday.

Makes you wonder how much is coaching a development. EJ made everything look easy and i think a large part of that was FSUs coaching staff slowing down the game for him and drilling the reads in his head

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The same staff that did not bring in a scholarship QB at all in the last recruiting class.

The same staff that brought Floyd in 2011 and put him in a no-win situation on Saturday.

I think CousinRicky was talking about the FSU staff, until you switched to talking about the USF staff.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Let me get some of this action. When BJ gets 4 plus seconds to throw, he looks like a pretty good qb. Alas, that kinda time is few and far between.

Manuel was relaxed in the pocket because the pressure was minimal. When he had some pressure, he looked like a below average qb too.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

My apologies. Quick trigger finger.

I think CousinRicky was talking about the FSU staff, until you switched to talking about the USF staff.