• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

The same staff that knows BJ is our best chance to win ( see FSU stat line)

The same staff who had Brion Carnes too but pulled the offer after he didnt solidify his comittment by taking a visit to Nebraska...and had to grasp at what was left...Gunsby

The same staff who had Tyler Cameron comitted but HE chose to go elsewhere pretty late in the game

The same staff that keeps putting BJ out there.

The same staff that brought it Jamius Gunsby in 2010 who is no longer here.

The same staff that did not bring in a scholarship QB at all in the last recruiting class.

The same staff that brought Floyd in 2011 and put him in a no-win situation on Saturday.

Makes you wonder how much is coaching a development. EJ made everything look easy and i think a large part of that was FSUs coaching staff slowing down the game for him and drilling the reads in his head

You mean the same staff that didn't recruit BJ as a QB?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

See above. Itchy trigger finger.

The same staff that knows BJ is our best chance to win ( see FSU stat line)

The same staff who had Brion Carnes too but pulled the offer after he didnt solidify his comittment by taking a visit to Nebraska...and had to grasp at what was left...Gunsby

The same staff who had Tyler Cameron comitted but HE chose to go elsewhere pretty late in the game

The same staff that keeps putting BJ out there.

The same staff that brought it Jamius Gunsby in 2010 who is no longer here.

The same staff that did not bring in a scholarship QB at all in the last recruiting class.

The same staff that brought Floyd in 2011 and put him in a no-win situation on Saturday.

Makes you wonder how much is coaching a development. EJ made everything look easy and i think a large part of that was FSUs coaching staff slowing down the game for him and drilling the reads in his head

You mean the same staff that didn't recruit BJ as a QB?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5'11" vs 6'5"..............................................

This. It makes it a lot easier to see your receivers at that height.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

Ej was a much more heralded player than BJ was coming out of High school. His passing talent was already further developed than BJ's. I think having two staffs really messed with BJ Daniels (EJ had Fisher on the staff the entire time). Also I think USF's offense is just different than FSU's in what they try to do. Holtz seems to try and play the game to BJ's strengths (Running and long pass plays) while Fisher tries to develop every QB he faces no matter what. There have been many times over the years where FSU fans have criticized Fisher for not using Manuel's legs more (his best aspect of his game) but it's paid off as now EJ looks to be much better in the passing game. It seemed like on Saturday BJ was missing wide open guys even when he wasn't pressured. That's just lack of development. Daniels is a smooth runner, but until he can consistently hit the short to intermediate passes, he will just be like Denard Robinson, great runner, but no more, and defenses will game plan around that (like FSU did).

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm a Bull to the core, but I grew up a Nole, and my entire family is made up of solid and passionate FSU alumni and fans. I can be objective here:

Ej was a much more heralded player than BJ was coming out of High school. His passing talent was already further developed than BJ's.

Truth about E.J. coming in with more pomp and circumstance than BJ to USF. EJ, I believe, was one of the top QBs in his class.

I think having two staffs really messed with BJ Daniels (EJ had Fisher on the staff the entire time).

True to a point, but this is now BJ's third year in Holtz' system.

Also I think USF's offense is just different than FSU's in what they try to do. Holtz seems to try and play the game to BJ's strengths (Running and long pass plays) while Fisher tries to develop every QB he faces no matter what.

Oh, trust me, Holtz tried to develop BJ as a pocket passer, to no avail. My opinion: I think Holtz and our OC, Todd Fitch, have taken the reins off of him for his senior year because they've given up trying to make him fit into the pocket passer mold. Personally, I don't think he has the skill set to be a passer like EJ Manuel. He has trouble checking down, he looks at his intended target as soon as he receives the snap, doesn't look off defenders, and overall lacks the vision that a successful QB has when trying to find an open guy when the pocket breaks down.

It seemed like on Saturday BJ was missing wide open guys even when he wasn't pressured. That's just lack of development. Daniels is a smooth runner, but until he can consistently hit the short to intermediate passes, he will just be like Denard Robinson, great runner, but no more, and defenses will game plan around that (like FSU did).

You nailed it, and it is happening now. It's why we lost to Rutgers, it's why we lost to you guys. I've tried to block the Ball State game out of my mind, but it's probably part of the reason we lost to them too.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

That's what Drew Brees says...ERRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by thebouncer1898

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Ej was a much more heralded player than BJ was coming out of High school. His passing talent was already further developed than BJ's. I think having two staffs really messed with BJ Daniels (EJ had Fisher on the staff the entire time). Also I think USF's offense is just different than FSU's in what they try to do. Holtz seems to try and play the game to BJ's strengths (Running and long pass plays) while Fisher tries to develop every QB he faces no matter what. There have been many times over the years where FSU fans have criticized Fisher for not using Manuel's legs more (his best aspect of his game) but it's paid off as now EJ looks to be much better in the passing game. It seemed like on Saturday BJ was missing wide open guys even when he wasn't pressured. That's just lack of development. Daniels is a smooth runner, but until he can consistently hit the short to intermediate passes, he will just be like Denard Robinson, great runner, but no more, and defenses will game plan around that (like FSU did).

the last thing Holtz does is call plays to BJs strengths. he had a 2.8 pass run ratio last year. for a QB with a 4.6 ypc average that is ridiculous.exactly identical to EJ Manuel's 2.8 pass run ratio last year. Skip has tried to turn BJ into a pocket passer which is not his strength at all. FSU didn't game plan around it. BJ averaged 4.8 ypc. Our OC gave up on the run again. he said so himself.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

That's what Drew Brees says...ERRRRRRRRRRRR

probably would have been easier for drew to see his receivers if he was a couple inches taller

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15

USF runs a spread option read offense, that seems like it's been utilized for Daniels. It seems like BJ has about 10-15 runs per game, sometimes more. That's different from what FSU does with Manuel. And you really don't think FSU game planned around BJ's ineffectiveness in the passing game? FSU took away the long pass from BJ (he tried to force it into deep coverage numerous times) and gave up anything short and tackled that well. The plan was to not get beat deep and we didn't. Early in the game FSU had to respect the fact BJ could pull back the read and run. This resulted in the RB being able to get some yards when actually receiving the ball (not a result of a good USF run game rather DLine waiting to attack runner). Once FSU had the lead and BJ had to throw to stay in the game, FSU pinned its ears back and stuffed USF's run and pressured Daniels like crazy, that's why he as throwing the ball away so much at the end. USF could have moved the ball vs. FSU if BJ would have just been able to hit the 5-10 yard passes consistently, FSU was giving him that all game. But BJ couldn't like he hasn't been able to his entire career and thus USF didn't take advantage

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

USF runs a spread option read offense, that seems like it's been utilized for Daniels. It seems like BJ has about 10-15 runs per game, sometimes more. That's different from what FSU does with Manuel. And you really don't think FSU game planned around BJ's ineffectiveness in the passing game? FSU took away the long pass from BJ (he tried to force it into deep coverage numerous times) and gave up anything short and tackled that well. The plan was to not get beat deep and we didn't. Early in the game FSU had to respect the fact BJ could pull back the read and run. This resulted in the RB being able to get some yards when actually receiving the ball (not a result of a good USF run game rather DLine waiting to attack runner). Once FSU had the lead and BJ had to throw to stay in the game, FSU pinned its ears back and stuffed USF's run and pressured Daniels like crazy, that's why he as throwing the ball away so much at the end. USF could have moved the ball vs. FSU if BJ would have just been able to hit the 5-10 yard passes consistently, FSU was giving him that all game. But BJ couldn't like he hasn't been able to his entire career and thus USF didn't take advantage

when we do run yes we sometimes run the read option. single back set spread 5 wide. like I said his pass run ratio was as high as ej manuel's was last year.

2.8 passes for every run. that's ridiculous for a QB that averaged 4.6 ypc and is as inconsistent a passer as BJ.

for comparison, tim tebow had a pass run ratio of 1.7 the year they won a national championship. he also was a much better passer and averaged almost 1 full yard less rushing then BJ Daniels and yet he ran the ball more often compared to BJ.

so you say our running game was effective early not because of us but because your d-line had to wait to see if he would read or run?? what does that even mean?? of course it was because we executed well against your defense. we had the ball for 10+ minutes in first quarter.

BTW our coach passed the ball 9 times and ran it once in the 2nd quarter. genius move by him. we were running effectively (of course according to you not because we can but because your d-line allowed us to) and so what do we do?? we sling the ball 90% of the time with an average at best passing QB.

BTW anytime a team has us playing catch-up , we will have trouble. we all know he's not an effective passer. BTW neither is EJ. he has a stud offensive line, great running backs and great receivers. if BJ Daniels were surrounded by 5 star talent he would look almost as good as EJ.

Edited by Bull94