• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I was pretty impressed with watching EJ Manual Saturday night. He took the snap, made his reads, didnt lock on to a target, didnt force throws, planted his feet and made accurate throws even if/when there was pressure.

Watching BJ dance around like a fool and make crappy reads and even crappier throws made me realize how pisspoor the quarterback position has been around here for years. Hopefully one day soon USF can get a QB, instead of an athlete with a strong arm.

I agree that nobody plays harder than BJ, but effort only takes you so far...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Makes you wonder how much is coaching a development. EJ made everything look easy and i think a large part of that was FSUs coaching staff slowing down the game for him and drilling the reads in his head

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I wish we would have brought more pressure. We did good things when we made E.J. have to scramble.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

ej I SMUCH BETTER THAN bj BUT he has no pro potential

dont think he would do well against a top defense

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

EJ also typically had much more time (to actually make reads), and had receivers wide open numerous times. That can also tend to make things look much better for a QB.

For the people that typically do nothing but bash BJ, really watch the game next time and count how many times in a game BJ has 2-3+ secs to make his reads and then throw. Its very infrequent.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

EJ has the benefit of having a great running game behind him. BJ is everything for USF.

EJ also typically had much more time (to actually make reads), and had receivers wide open numerous times. That can also tend to make things look much better for a QB.

For the people that typically do nothing but bash BJ, really watch the game next time and count how many times in a game BJ has 2-3+ secs to make his reads and then throw. Its very infrequent.

I agree that EJ had mroe time, but I've been fortunate enough to watch BJ bounce around in the pocket and make poor reads and make inaccurate throws for the past 4 seasons.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

USF needs to recruit the "next" Dan Marino unless they are able to get better offensive lineman. I will add that BJ needs to be told that it is okay to force a throw on 4th down with the game in the balance.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

EJ has the benefit of having a great running game behind him. BJ is everything for USF.

this. BJ would be much more efficient if we had any sense of a running game. If we had an O-Line, both BJ's performance, as well as the RBs would probably improve dramatically.

this. BJ would be much more efficient if we had any sense of a running game. If we had an O-Line, both BJ's performance, as well as the RBs would probably improve dramatically.

Last year, USF had a pretty good running game averaging 183.2 YPG which ranked 31st in the nation and BJ looked the exact same...