• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I will say this: His brother, Zac Litton (the UF brother) does not want him at USF. On twitter he favorites everything that has Litton going away from USF and just favorited this one:

@jdhometeam: Let's put a hold on the #DreamTeam talk from here on out, m'kay?

His brother is waiting for a ship that will never reach the dock. This one has nightmare written all over it. I'm with Hem, who needs the drama.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Inappropriate attitude to be displaying about a 17 year old kid, IMO.

Lets drop the innocent 17yr old act. I was 17 just 10 years ago, and I knew exactly what I was doing. I also got into some trouble and you know what? I knew right from wrong and did wrong anyway.

You call him a kid like he's 5, he's nearly 18. I also knew what the word "commit" meant because I wasn't 3 years old. So for all you people out there slinging that line on other topics, get real.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i guess he didn't get much interest from UF during Friday Night Lights. 

+1  I think he overestimated his stock. See Tyler Cameron for example. Buried on the bench with no light at the end of the tunnel. I live in Winston Salem (Wake Forest University) and there is no mention of the guy at all.  

So you think he decommited because he thought he was going to be offered a schollie that night at UF and he'd be more attractive if uncommited? My first inclination is to say that's ridiculous but then I remember that we're dealing with 17/18 year olds and he may very well have thought that ... which goes back to a question I had earlier, where is his support group (family, coach, etc) in all this? There's no way a responsible adult signs off on the way he did this...

I think he decommitted because he was going to that camp and he didnt want to be known as the "USF' kid (especially when he is a UF fan) and he feels he is just as good as any QB there that UF is taking a serious look at.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Lets drop the innocent 17yr old act. I was 17 just 10 years ago, and I knew exactly what I was doing. I also got into some trouble and you know what? I knew right from wrong and did wrong anyway.

Sounds like Chase .... yet you're holding that against him?

You call him a kid like he's 5, he's nearly 18. I also knew what the word "commit" meant because I wasn't 3 years old. So for all you people out there slinging that line on other topics, get real.

I call him a kid like he's 17 ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

+1  I think he overestimated his stock. See Tyler Cameron for example. Buried on the bench with no light at the end of the tunnel. I live in Winston Salem (Wake Forest University) and there is no mention of the guy at all.  

So you think he decommited because he thought he was going to be offered a schollie that night at UF and he'd be more attractive if uncommited? My first inclination is to say that's ridiculous but then I remember that we're dealing with 17/18 year olds and he may very well have thought that ... which goes back to a question I had earlier, where is his support group (family, coach, etc) in all this? There's no way a responsible adult signs off on the way he did this...

I think he decommitted because he was going to that camp and he didnt want to be known as the "USF' kid (especially when he is a UF fan) and he feels he is just as good as any QB there that UF is taking a serious look at.  

He didn't decommit until 4 that Friday, not really enough time to shake the "USF kid" moniker, so I'm not sure that is it .... It would be interesting to one day find out what the reason was.

• Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sounds like Chase .... yet you're holding that against him?

I call him a kid like he's 17 ...

No, I mean trouble like jumping in neighbors pools at midnight, cow tipping, water balloons in school kind of trouble. Not convicted felon trouble.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

He didn't decommit until 4 that Friday, not really enough time to shake the "USF kid" moniker, so I'm not sure that is it .... It would be interesting to one day find out what the reason was.

According to the "other" QB's dad, some people up at UF started rumors while he was up there that he was decommiting from USF.  Feeling some sort of pressure, he tweeted the decommitment.  He was very surprised at this turn of events.  You can comment on how "if that's how he's going to handle pressure".  Supposedly he, Litton, is a pretty good kid. Had paid the price for his crime by not getting an invite to the Elite 11 competition and it came up in his visit to Alabama.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

+1 I think he overestimated his stock. See Tyler Cameron for example. Buried on the bench with no light at the end of the tunnel. I live in Winston Salem (Wake Forest University) and there is no mention of the guy at all.

According to the "other" QB's dad, some people up at UF started rumors while he was up there that he was decommiting from USF. Feeling some sort of pressure, he tweeted the decommitment. He was very surprised at this turn of events. You can comment on how "if that's how he's going to handle pressure". Supposedly he, Litton, is a pretty good kid. Had paid the price for his crime by not getting an invite to the Elite 11 competition and it came up in his visit to Alabama.

What????

Elite 11???

Alabama???

He caved to the pressure from UF supporters or UF staff. If it was a false rumor a tweet like "I'm still committed to USF." Would make a lot more sense. How does this "other" QBs dad know any of this, and who is his son?

I could see how a shady person could put the pressure on him to decommit. All that matters at this point is that he is no longer committed to USF. I hope we can pass on him.

Edited by Gismo

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I think it may have to do with taggart continuing to pursue flowers and Harris. I really think he wants to make sure he's at the best spot to get the most attention.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

The coaches didn't even pay attention to Harris at Sling n Shoot... Flowers by all means will be able to battle for a QB spot but is not guaranteed to stay there..

Not buying that as an excuse for Litton