• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Wouldn't you WANT to go to the ends of the earth to make sure that you helped snag all the other top recruits in town?  Isn't the point to be a part of a winning team?  I understand that even the most successful athletes can sometimes be needy and insecure, but this is yet another red flag in a long, long line of them.  Have fun at LSU bud.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Well that explains it.

To me that's a lesson learned for this coaching staff. They were obviously a little too zealous in how they used Litton to try and lure in all the other kids around the area.

People don't imagine how tough a position that can be for anyone, let alone a 17 year old kid. If you've got respect for the decision making process and how all these kids need to do what is best for them and their futures, yet you've got the team you committed to essentially pimping you out to try and convince them to make a life altering decision...I would be pretty conflicted too. I would feel a bit used. There's an insensitivity when you put a kid in that kind of position. It's like a parent asking their kid "why don't you talk to all your little friends and see if their parents need an insurance agent, here give them my card". Not everyone is comfortable with being turned from athlete into car salesman.

Essentially when Chase de-committed, he was telling them...I'm not doing this for you anymore. I may end up there, if you still want me, but I'm not going to keep being pimped by you guys all year like this.

It's been quite a while since I was 17, but I would think a 17-year old might be flattered that the team thinks so highly of me that they think others should feel the same way, and are saying, "come join us, and Chase Litton will be throwing TD passes to you for the next 4 years..."  

What kid would realistically not LOVE that?  

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

#1 He pimped himself out in interviews as wanting to start a dynasty and bringing Tampa players along with him.

#2 He decomitted without telling the coaches first

#3 He then puts the coaching staff on blast as using him and his "star power" to lure recruits to USF

And people are defending him?

I was 17 once but I still treated people with respect. And talk about having an ego and being high maintenance. Whoever he commits to is going to need to baby him in the recruiting process. IMO he's a transfer waiting to happen.

Sometimes talent isn't worth the headache. Next....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957

Well that explains it.

To me that's a lesson learned for this coaching staff. They were obviously a little too zealous in how they used Litton to try and lure in all the other kids around the area.

People don't imagine how tough a position that can be for anyone, let alone a 17 year old kid. If you've got respect for the decision making process and how all these kids need to do what is best for them and their futures, yet you've got the team you committed to essentially pimping you out to try and convince them to make a life altering decision...I would be pretty conflicted too. I would feel a bit used. There's an insensitivity when you put a kid in that kind of position. It's like a parent asking their kid "why don't you talk to all your little friends and see if their parents need an insurance agent, here give them my card". Not everyone is comfortable with being turned from athlete into car salesman.

Essentially when Chase de-committed, he was telling them...I'm not doing this for you anymore. I may end up there, if you still want me, but I'm not going to keep being pimped by you guys all year like this.

It's been quite a while since I was 17, but I would think a 17-year old might be flattered that the team thinks so highly of me that they think others should feel the same way, and are saying, "come join us, and Chase Litton will be throwing TD passes to you for the next 4 years..."  

I feel what you're saying but that's not precisely what Chase is describing. He's saying that most of the time when the team was contacting him or calling him, they were telling him to help them recruit someone.

That's a lot different.

Simply put, he felt like he was being pimped.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Maybe.  Love to hear the USF side of the story, though, before I take Chase's word for it.  Seems like a convenient excuse to try to mitigate some damage he caused at this point, but it's possible, I guess.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Sure is a good thing he's got that LSU scholarship lined up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Well that explains it.

Agree completely .... if that's the only reason, he's definitely a head case but I'm betting there's more to the story ... still probably a head case, though.  B)

Edit: Did re-read that there other factors and this was supposedly the last straw.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957

Alright I can see that emotions are running way too high on this subject and neither rationality nor compassion are going to prevail so I'll go ahead and step out of this subject.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@Holly_Wood_2: He Thought He Was Gunna Get Offered From Florida When He Went Up There Thats Why He Decommited.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well that explains it.

I feel what you're saying but that's not precisely what Chase is describing. He's saying that most of the time when the team was contacting him or calling him, they were telling him to help them recruit someone.

That's a lot different.

Simply put, he felt like he was being pimped.

Your really out to lunch on this one. If he really felt like that, which I doubt, why wouldn't he just tell the coaches instead of GOING TO THE NEWSPAPER with it.

I think, this is all because they kicked him to the curb after the last disaster. this is clearly an attempt at retribution on his part.  As to being rational?????? Thank you Tajee. CALLED IT!!!!