• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

i guess he didn't get much interest from UF during Friday Night Lights.

+1 I think he overestimated his stock. See Tyler Cameron for example. Buried on the bench with no light at the end of the tunnel. I live in Winston Salem (Wake Forest University) and there is no mention of the guy at all.
So you think he decommited because he thought he was going to be offered a schollie that night at UF and he'd be more attractive if uncommited? My first inclination is to say that's ridiculous but then I remember that we're dealing with 17/18 year olds and he may very well have thought that ... which goes back to a question I had earlier, where is his support group (family, coach, etc) in all this? There's no way a responsible adult signs off on the way he did this...
Responsible adults don't teach kids to quit teams when they don't like how playing time is turning out. They also do a solid job of explaining why grand theft is frowned upon. I think he's sorely lacking in the "responsible adult" category. Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

i guess he didn't get much interest from UF during Friday Night Lights. 

+1  I think he overestimated his stock. See Tyler Cameron for example. Buried on the bench with no light at the end of the tunnel. I live in Winston Salem (Wake Forest University) and there is no mention of the guy at all.  

So you think he decommited because he thought he was going to be offered a schollie that night at UF and he'd be more attractive if uncommited? My first inclination is to say that's ridiculous but then I remember that we're dealing with 17/18 year olds and he may very well have thought that ... which goes back to a question I had earlier, where is his support group (family, coach, etc) in all this? There's no way a responsible adult signs off on the way he did this...

I think your initial impressions were correct. In his statement on twitter about de-committing, he even specifically says that he's "opening (his) recruitment up for (his) senior year".

Note the part about his senior year. That doesn't suggest that he's opening himself back up because he thinks he's getting the offer he wants that weekend.

My guess if the support group you mentioned, his family and particularly his brother, probably HAVE been talking to him and it may have been them that felt like he made his commitment too early. He had one lukewarm visit with Alabama and then the whole Wanky Flowers incident happened and so Litton rushed his commitment to USF in the wake of that.

My guess is, his mindset right now is one where he's going to head into his senior year and put everything he has into performing lights out on the field and leading his team to victories, and it's probably been suggested to him that if he succeeds at that, keeps his nose clean yet another year, the offers from major schools (including perhaps UF) will come in. And he's probably correct.

Edited by ckparrothead

Woulard going to UCLA to sit behind a soph Heisman darkhorse was curious, unless he just fell in love with LA.  That guy may wind up playing TE or WR there, like Godfrey at UCF.

Thought it was a pretty smart decision. He heads to a school with a former pro coach running a pro style system in an offense-oriented conference. Brett Hundley has the eye of many NFL scouts. That guy could be gone after 2013. I know people don't think so, but I'm hearing whispers that he's thought of highly enough by scouts that if he puts together a great year this year, that could happen. I think Woulard knows he's not sitting the bench for more than one year, two years tops. He's not sitting for three years, that's for sure.

And you look at the Pac-12 right now...Oregon loses Chip Kelly and USC is heading into a downward spiral. UCLA could find themselves primarily battling Stanford for dominance in that conference, and traditionally Stanford is not a dominant Pac team. There's got to be some thought that the Harbaugh/Luck magic will wear off there, eventually.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Woulard going to UCLA to sit behind a soph Heisman darkhorse was curious, unless he just fell in love with LA.  That guy may wind up playing TE or WR there, like Godfrey at UCF.

Thought it was a pretty smart decision. He heads to a school with a former pro coach running a pro style system in an offense-oriented conference. Brett Hundley has the eye of many NFL scouts. That guy could be gone after 2013. I know people don't think so, but I'm hearing whispers that he's thought of highly enough by scouts that if he puts together a great year this year, that could happen. I think Woulard knows he's not sitting the bench for more than one year, two years tops. He's not sitting for three years, that's for sure.

And you look at the Pac-12 right now...Oregon loses Chip Kelly and USC is heading into a downward spiral. UCLA could find themselves primarily battling Stanford for dominance in that conference, and traditionally Stanford is not a dominant Pac team. There's got to be some thought that the Harbaugh/Luck magic will wear off there, eventually.

Not to argue, CK, but "He's not sitting for three years, that's for sure"?? I have no clue what other QBs are on their roster, or who else may come in.  I don't doubt that he may only sit behind Hundley for 1-2 years (one of which is likely a RS), but I believe someone posted that they had some other young, highly rated QBs.  I don't hold anything against Woulard...his life, his decision, his outcome.

The "other QBs could come in" argument is true for any school he would have signed with.

As for who else they have at the position, I doubt they have anyone that Asiantii needs to be worried about. Aside from Woulard, they have three Freshman, one redshirt Sophomore (Hundley) and one Senior. The Senior is obviously a non-factor. Mike Fafaul is an unrated type of recruit. Jerry Neuheisel got there because of daddy but was a low ranked recruit. T.J. Millweard is the toughest competition, but not on par with Woulard.

You were saying he made a curious decision. I was attempting to give some clarity since you were confused as to why it would be a desirable spot for Woulard.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

@CL14_: handled my de-commitment the wrong way .. want to apologize to the coaches more than anything about my communication issues .. Go Bulls

Kudos!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I will say this: His brother, Zac Litton (the UF brother) does not want him at USF. On twitter he favorites everything that has Litton going away from USF and just favorited this one:

@jdhometeam: Let's put a hold on the #DreamTeam talk from here on out, m'kay?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@CL14_: handled my de-commitment the wrong way .. want to apologize to the coaches more than anything about my communication issues .. Go Bulls

Kudos!
Kudos my ***, this kid is playing damage control now because he AGAIN proved his lack of loyalty to a program. First Team Tampa, now us. I'm sure coaches will call his character into question. You don't go on TV with your entire family and "commit", recruit for that team hard, then quit.

We were willing to look past his history, others may not. I hope we do not offer him a spot if he comes back.

Edited by Hem

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Kudos!
Kudos my ***, this kid is playing damage control now because he AGAIN proved his lack of loyalty to a program. First Team Tampa, now us. I'm sure coaches will call his character into question. You don't go on TV with your entire family and "commit", recruit for that team hard, then quit.

We were willing to look past his history, others may not. I hope we do not offer him a spot if he comes back.

Would it help if he sent out a Tweet like that to all of our butt hurt fans?

I just hope he had phone calls to coaches to go along with the Tweet ...

• Downvote 1

Inappropriate attitude to be displaying about a 17 year old kid, IMO.